Saleen S7 pulled over on the 90

Interesting. I actually used to be an S7 dealer back in Salt Lake. Dealt with Fred Blum back then. Not sure if he’s still around or not. Sad part was…this was way early on during S7 gestation, and long story short, we never saw a car. Looks like they’re doing a bit better now delivering on their promises.

We had one for a couple of days at the dealership as a show piece. I think it was serial #2. Yellow at the time. Had a chance to drive it, but the engineers choked it down quite a bit, and it wouldn’t rev past 3k. Wish I knew more about Motec at the time.

[quote=“Final GTS,post:34,topic:38536"”]

LOL, I am surprised it took so long for someone to see it. I was in Detroit yesterday at Saleen Specialty Vehicles inc. to make contacts and go over the car with the factory crew, and to have a “crash course” on this cars’ construction. The car was brought back to Buffalo today. I have to say, I am very impressed with this car, both in its build quality and design- certainly a car I wouldnt mind owning some day.

For reference, it is a Silver 2006 S7 Twin Turbo, brand new.

I think I should add, that factory is quite incredible. The sheer amount of work being done at that level of quality is extremely impressive.

If you happen to know who owns this car, please keep his name off the boards. This car is certainly worth enough money to attract the wrong kind of attention.

PS- He got pulled over because the car has no plates, its on a temporary. (one of many times it got pulled over since Friday morning)

[/quote]