Sandblasting / Rim Finishing question

Looking to refinish my DD rims without braking the bank AND without it looking like a 5min job. Im thinking the rims need to be sand blasted then finished. Whos good locally that can blast? Depending on cost I might powder coat them, or take my time and spray paint / dip them.

Thanks

Suzukiriderman . Whatever is business is. I think its called “blast off”

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Dont sandblast the wheels the finish will be wayy to rough. get them soda blasted for sure.

Checko on here had made mention of somewhere he knew of that soda-blasted and primed 4 wheels for $60!!!

actually just found blastoffny.com right when you posted that. I called them and they said 4 rims blasted is $80
Ill have to ask them about soda vs sand

Ill check with Checko

What dd lol? And I can’t remember what Checko said either…

s10 of course

Hmm, I’d paint them steelies I gave you with snow tires black make them look nice too

Sand will warp alloy wheels

I used aircraft stripper, sandpaper, and spraypainted for a quick job, and it worked out well

I was going to try to strip mine with water… 94,000psi moving at mach 4 should do it. :smiley:

Call JM Super Wheel Repair.

Jesse @ blast off did the wheels on my first Lotus.

Jesse @ blastoff did the woman’s wheels.

Personally I clean them as good as possible, then go over them with a wire brush end on a drill to remove any clear coat/leftover grime off and to get the surface rough, then paint. I’ve never bothered with sand blasting rims, if you take your time this way they will turn out good. I’ve done many sets of rims, I use Harley-Davidson spray paint and they turn out awesome everytime. PM me if you want them done, I’ll do them Wednesday night/Thursday for you.
Before-

After-
Sorry for the shitty picture, this does no justice.