anyone do sand blasting?

looking to have 4 wheels done

Give my brother a call @ 399-2207

Hard Knox Collision and Customs

He has a sand blaster, and could do it for you.

i guess i made the post to get an idea of what this would cost and if i could get anyone on here to do it… i know i can call a shop and get it done.,

I’ll hit you up in a week or so. I’ll glass bead blast them for free.

O rly? ok… SOLD.

No cost to me=no cost to you. I just ask that you arrange drop off/pick up

so can i send all the stuff i do , to you. u can do it for free and i in turn can charge for it???:excited

You will have to talk to Kenny Tremont about that. I have a feeling he will get a little displeased if I am constantly using the bead blaster rather than doing class work!

Does “glass bead blast” leave a shiny/polished look finish?

Could you do my new intake manifold?? and maybe another part or two?

I’ll look into it for you. Sorry about the other night by the way, didn’t get a chance to talk to you last night. Beer ftw!

no it does not. didn’t we discuss this b4?

haha, beer is awesome. No hard feeling’s dude…

yea!!! I thought you said it will leave a smooth polished finish… lol

I believe the glass beads do more of a cleaning job. They dont really dig into the metal at all which is the whole point. So whatever finish it has, it will end up with, the part will just be clean and stripped. At least that’s what I think.

no matter what u blast with this finish will be slightly rough. the courser the media the rougher it will be.
but there is soda blasting which a completely different… i dont know a hole lot about it. i’ve done some i stress some. i know they have used it on body panels and can strip paint layer by layer without harming the next or any warpage. but thats as far as my knowledge goes.
but i’m sure some one will jump in that can give all scientific data on it.

combine hank and lance’s post and you have the good info you need. sand blasting will give you that rough “cast-aluminum” finish. you can smooth the finish out with different media, which will smooth the roughness down. bead blasting, etc etc.

but it won’t be completely smooth I dont believe. it also varies on the shape of the item being blasted, your not going to get beads into cracks and crevices

lance, you think the sand blasting case in the HVCC engine shop is big enough for 14" rims?
Ive thought about this b4 but i thought the case was too small

uhmmm kenny tremont??? i could have it done fo free :wink:

Yes, Kenny Tremont