Sarah Palin Event - Hamilton

Thought it should go in it’s own thread rather than in the other thread.

I had the chance to meet and have a photo with Governor Palin last night. I was even interviewed and put on TV for my lack of a tie :slight_smile: Somewhere near the beginning of this link. No name.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100415/Palin_Hamilton_100415/20100415?hub=QPeriod

I was a Palin hater going into this but not so much anymore. I still don’t think of her presidentially in any way, but she certainly has a compelling family story that really came to life when she spoke about her last child being born with downs syndrome and their choice to keep him and stick to their values. First instinct was “why us” when Todd (who was there too) responded “why not us” which i know really resonated with any parent in the place.

I also never considered the tight timeline of that challenge, her daughter’s pregnancy then immediately followed by the VP run. I am certain that 99.5% of the people on this planet, both men and women, could not have done it at all and certainly would not have managed the successive situations as well as she has. I dont care for her politics but i’ll happily tip my hat to her composure and determination… red or blue, there is something to be learned from it.

Lastly, for a grandmother… holy crap she’s pretty hot… seriously… i was like 15ft from her the whole time. She is an avid runner and has fantastic legs… probably a 9/10 for grandmothers.

I may not host/post the picture because there were very senior veeps from F500’s with me but if they give me the okay then i will.

:poke:

former… whatever…

Bing you bust have been hanging out with Josh listening to Rush all day. haha

havent seen Josh in a bit and i assume you mean Rush Limbaugh? Never ever seen or heard of him through any type of media.

But cougs… my anti-military position is also waning… won’t go into those details with you but thought you’d be happy to know :slight_smile:

Yeah Josh listens to that wacky fella sometimes. I am slightly less pro military as of late. Maybe we can meet in the middle!!! Celebration Heaters?

Her family story would be more compelling if she didn’t quit her job to start hocking it to the highest bidders everywhere for millions… Not to mention if she really isn’t as dumb as she seems then all of her lies are malicious, instead of just ignorant.

I wouldn’t be more surprised if a monkey ran up and lit my underwear on fire right now than I am after reading Bing say something nice about Palin and that his military hate is fading.

:tup:

I’m not a fan of her new national politics and I think she’s the wrong direction for the Republican party, but yeah, her personal story and rise to power in Alaska is quite a story.

lol, when the choice is Rush or rap music, the more entertaining of the two mostly wins.

And 'cmon no tie? At least they got the 240 in the shot too :tup:

Melissa brought me a tie :slight_smile:

and yeah i just watched it again and they got my S14 in there :slight_smile:

she’s made over $12 million since quitting her job which only paid her a little over $100,000. always follow the motive…

I don’t see any issue with that.

On a per event basis she demands much much less than Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Michael Douglas, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and even John Travolta… and i mean WAY LESS!!!

And you’re probably wondering why actors are in the same sentence as politcians…well because they’re ALL actors :slight_smile:

And besides, she isn’t on the campaign trail. She’s on a speaking and promoting tour… If this were an issue of embezzlement then yeah, following the money matters, but it’s just basic capitalism here. She is relevant right now (arguably) and people will pay to hear her speak therefore you take advantage of it.

Also, from what i understand she has a very light security detail… straight up went for a jog in downtown hamilton when she got here. There are alot of little interesting bits about her that only make the package more compelling to get a little engaged in. I don’t think it’s a matter of agreeing with her or not, it’s really just whether or not you take the time to find a way to appreciate some things about her. If you’ve got a family of your own i think it’s really easy. I can see why she is such a polarizing figure beyond the politics… In fact, i think the politics just get in the way at this point.

What about the fact that she has a contingent of whackjobs that take every word she says literally, whom she is constantly manipulating by telling outright lies? Not to mention, with her real political base in the media, she is able to mobilize enough idiots to actually impact policy in the U.S. When she gets caught in a lie, she plays dumb and people let her off the hook, cause she really does come across as intellectually inferior.

I’m not a family man and I’ll be the first to admit I don’t appreciate those types of attributes; but even if I did, what does it say about your family influence when you can’t even sell your own daughter on the religious bullshit you peddle to everyone else?

i really don’t care about any of that, didnt even bother finishing reading what you wrote to be honest… but i wish i had more wackjobs that would follow my every beckoned word… so we’re probably both just jealous.

i also didnt earn 6 figures for my day yesterday.

Edited the second part down below for you. I think if she cant even sell her own family on the BS they supposedly believe in, either it’s really all an act, or they don’t respect her, and thus I shouldn’t either. Maybe her kids are just mad at her for naming them all after stupid shit.

You’re damn right I wish I had an army of whackjobs, but I’d use them for way better purposes. Especially if they were hot.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

You should have gotten a copy of this autographed.
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/fleshbot/2008/10/2008_10_14_wnp.jpg

there’s something dangerous about actors posing as politicians and misleading people… that’s what I have a problem with.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.