Saying HI

HI, my name is Aaron, I recently moved back to Pitt after being in NY for a number of years, my every day driver till recently was a 69 Riviera, with a .30 over 455 (so 462) converted to HEI, still has the auto TH400, 250k on the tranny 150k on the engine, the guy who had it before me put the 455, stock it had a 430, the 455 is a rebuilt 70 rivera engine, lowered compression to use unleaded gas, needs some work before I can drive it every day again. I have loved cars as far back as I can remember, especially trying to make them faster :-). I have a degree in Computer Science, and I graduated from Lincoln Tech Automotive school last year, and I want ot learn everything about making cars faster :-).
Nice to meet everyone.

welcome.

Welcome…any pics of your ride ?

welcome:beer:

I can take some, honestly, she needs some major work right now, I have two 1/4 skins in my garage for her because the wheel wells are really rusted on the outside, I stripped the vinyl off the roof, and I have a few rust spots there, especially right up by the windshield, the A pillars have some nice holes in them, and the driver window regulator completely died on me. then I have a list of mechanical stuff as well that I have to do, lol, going to take a little time I think, so i’ve been driving my minivan…but…I have some ideas for the VG30E in my villager as well, if I can get to them…

Welcome to the site. I am interested in seeing what the Riv looks like as well.

I will upload some pics as soon as my membership goes through and the forum will let me upload, I’ll go take them now :slight_smile:

only a couple more posts… welcome back to da burgh

you have to have a certain amount of posts before the membership goes through adn you can post pics?

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31914

thanks :-), hadn’t gotten that far yet :slight_smile: so I guess this is it then, so in about 15 minutes, I’ll have some pics, but I warn you, it’s not so pretty, of course, my wife has come to realize that us car guys look at things like this, and see the potential, not whats there now :-).
Thanks

welcome

well, it’s letting me post in other places now, but it doens’t want attachments yet, so here is a link to a picasa album, let’s see if it works, I just took these, please be gentle, I know she needs work, but we don’t want to hurt her feelings :slight_smile:

oops, forgot the link, sorry http://picasaweb.google.com/aaronjayh/Rivera?authkey=bzlcP6COAjU
Here it is

welcome always liked the rivieras. esp those years.

it’s funny, I remember, what must have been almost 20 years ago, at the vintage grand prix, looking at a green 67 riv, in the muscle car group, across from phipps back then, and wondering where the headlights were, and I fell in love with the car, wasn’t till years later I picked this one up, I still think that those two years are some of the most beautifull cars… :slight_smile:

incedentily, I followed your link, and watched that pinks, I like the car

Join the us in the other forums