Sean Taylor SHOT!

[quote=“JayS,post:18,topic:39295"”]

RIP.

I really doubt this is just some robbery when 8 days earlier someone broke in and left a knife on his bed. Pretty high profile case so chances are good they’ll find the shooter.

[/quote]

Redskins fan here, been trying to keep up with this as much as possible.
Yeah, they broke in, left a knife on the bed the first time. But even worse is this last time before they shot him, they also cut the house’s phone lines so his girlfriend tried to call 911, and lost precious time when she had to go find her cellphone afterwards.

And yes, he was turning his shit around. He’s been labeled a punk, but ever since his daughter was born I guess he turned into a different man.

RIP #21
You’ll be missed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRyVGStoO8

Shit…

[quote=“Rocket 442,post:21,topic:39295"”]

Yeah, they broke in, left a knife on the bed the first time. But even worse is this last time before they shot him, they also cut the house’s phone lines so his girlfriend tried to call 911, and lost precious time when she had to go find her cellphone afterwards.

[/quote]

WOW. someone pissed someone off.

rip

rip… i hope they find the shooter

I am also a long time Skins fan, very sad and a very big loss for the team and the NFL but most importantly to his gf/wife and daughter : (

How many players have to get killed before these jackass athletes get the point…you want to be a thug than you will get shot. Derrant Williams last year and now Sean Taylor this year…too bad no one has popped Adam “PacMan” Jones yet!!!

[quote=“00Audi00,post:26,topic:39295"”]

How many players have to get killed before these jackass athletes get the point…you want to be a thug than you will get shot. Derrant Williams last year and now Sean Taylor this year…too bad no one has popped Adam “PacMan” Jones yet!!!

[/quote]

Wow, you’re a fucking class act.

If you’d know what you were talking about, Taylor had cleaned his act up significantly in the past 2 years.

I’m sure you’ve done some wrong in your life, too bad someone hasn’t shot you and killed you. I love this e-thug (ironic isn’t it) mentality of “he deserved it”, and “too bad it wasn’t ___”

[/quote]

I didnt know being at home with you child and girlfriend(Sean Taylor) is thugging these days. Also i didnt know being in the back of a limo with your friends(Darrent Williams) is thugging. Way to talk shit about 2 dead men and wish death on another. You sir are the jerkoff of the day on nyspeed way to go. :clap:

[/quote]

You know these are actual people, with families to take care of, right? They’re not just jackass athletes on your TV screen.

[/quote]

who the F*ck are you?? How do u know these guys were “Thugs” i hope you get shot!

My thoughts after hearing more today are pretty simple.

While it is wonderful to hear that he seems to have turned his life around from the on and off field incidents and left his “thug” lifestyle behind, I have to think its great that he walked away and stopped doing the things that were getting him in trouble but isnt it strange to think that that just means all of your enemies would have to forgive and forget along the way. I think once you are involved with shady people and walk away from them after being in cahoots or against them you will eventually have to pay a price for those relationships. Unfortunately they made him pay the ultimate price.

Also noone I know that I would consider normal keeps a machetti near the bed. According to his gf he jumped out of bed and grabbed his blade and she heard 2 shots fired…one missed…one got him. So obviously that tells me he was aware that people may have wanted to harm him and/or his family.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:31,topic:39295"”]

good essay

[/quote]

i agree with the man above. shitty deal, but he probably had it coming

Also noone I know that I would consider normal keeps a machetti near the bed. According to his gf he jumped out of bed and grabbed his blade and she heard 2 shots fired…one missed…one got him. So obviously that tells me he was aware that people may have wanted to harm him and/or his family.

[/quote]

About the Machete:

-NFL players can’t have guns anymore

And this explains the Machete PERFECTLY:

According to police records, someone also broke into Taylor’s house between 7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17 and midnight Sunday Nov. 18, by prying open a front window. No one was home at the time. The burglar entered several rooms in the house, rifled through drawers, and a safe in Taylor’s bedroom. The police report says it was ‘‘unknown’’ whether anything was taken.In that incident, someone left a kitchen knife on a bed in Taylor’s house, according to the police report. Damage was also ``observed to the A/C vent in Taylor’s bathroom.‘’

If i was a young father I’d have something to protect my family with also.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:32,topic:39295"”]

i agree with the man above. shitty deal, but he probably had it coming

[/quote]

Damn, we’ve got some interesting people on this board. I didn’t know that because he chased off people who stole his ATV’s and harassed them, he “had it coming” to be shot and killed in his bedroom in front of his girlfriend and 18 month old daughter.

[quote=“Rocket 442,post:33,topic:39295"”]

-NFL players can’t have guns anymore

[/quote]

Um, no.

Surprisingly, professional football is the country’s only major sports league that has a specific and formal gun policy. In the N.F.L., players, team staff members and league employees are forbidden to possess handguns while on league business. Handguns cannot be kept at a facility owned, operated or used by the league, one of its teams or one of its companies, such as NFL Properties. Anyone, including a player, who violates the rules is subject to discipline, including suspension.

It suggests they don’t keep them at home either, but doesn’t ban them since legally there is no way they could ever enforce that.

So sorry, it still doesn’t explain the machete. Do I think he had it coming, certainly not. I feel bad for the guy because it sounds like he had turned his life around.

okay. bad choice of words from me, i will say that. a better wording is, he most likely surrounded himself with a bad crowd, and put himself and his family in a position that would bring on such an action

did he deserve to be shot and killed, or harassed? absolutely not. i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. could he have avoided the whole situation by not being involved with such a crowd, even though he was getting better? i will say yes.

at the end of the day, it is def a sad story to hear. rip

this sucks i really liked this guy, hard hitter, supposively turned his life around when he had his kid.

and he’s the guy that drilled the punter in the pro bowl :frowning:

RIP

RIP Sean Taylor

[/quote]

How is having a machete next to your bed any less normal than having a gun in your drawer next to your bed (or under your pillow)?

[quote=“Rx3,post:38,topic:39295"”]

How is having a machete next to your bed any less normal than having a gun in your drawer next to your bed (or under your pillow)?

[/quote]

You can’t be serious.

[quote=“JayS,post:39,topic:39295"”]

You can’t be serious.

[/quote]

Why not? Is it natural to sleep with a gun under your pillow, or in the bedroom drawer?

Maybe I should put my machete back in the garage… :uhh: