Sean Taylor SHOT!

Mr. Rula Sir,

A Machete seems like a much more extreme weapon for home security than say a baseball bat…tazer…pistol…shotgun.

I’m not saying I would stay there and rob someone if they had a machete but it just seems like an odd choice of weapon. Especially for someone who has been busted for brandishing a gun in the past.

[quote=“Rx3,post:40,topic:39295"”]

Why not? Is it natural to sleep with a gun under your pillow, or in the bedroom drawer?

Maybe I should put my machete back in the garage… :uhh:

[/quote]

Well, if he had a gun in his dresser drawer he might still be here today. Attacking your robber with a machete when he has a gun seems like a bad idea. Of course, it goes back to my original post about how there will probably be more to this story as the details come out.

The old, “never bring a knife to a gun fight” applies though, even when the knife is a machete.

[quote=“JayS,post:42,topic:39295"”]

Well, if he had a gun in his dresser drawer he might still be here today. Attacking your robber with a machete when he has a gun seems like a bad idea. The old, “never bring a knife to a gun fight” applies though, even when the knife is a machete.

[/quote]

Can’t argue that.

[quote=“JayS,post:42,topic:39295"”]

Of course, it goes back to my original post about how there will probably be more to this story as the details come out.

[/quote]

I think a lot of people looking for “details” to the effect of bad judgement/company, etc. will be sorely dissapointed.

[quote=“Rx3,post:43,topic:39295"”]

I think a lot of people looking for “details” to the effect of bad judgement/company, etc. will be sorely dissapointed.

[/quote]

Do you really think that the fact that he had problems with people and had a troubled past is just forgotten by those he pissed off or offended because he had a daughter and turned his life around?

You cannot tell me there may not be more to the story. 2 home invasions in just over a week…whats that saying about lightning striking twice?

But honestly Rick you have to wonder if there is something more there than just a robbery gone wrong.

It’s a lot easier to rob the place when no one is home.

How may robbers cut phone lines?

Better yet, how many robbers break in and leave a knife on your bed? I know criminals aren’t usually real bright, but everyone knows leaving less evidence is a good thing. You leave a knife on someone’s bed to send a message, and that message sure as hell isn’t “I’m gonna come back and rob you next week”.

If he pissed someone off and they want to kill him it doesn’t mean he had bad judgement or it’s a consequence of hanging out with the wrong crowd. It just means it’s too easy to acquire illegal weapons and some people hold grudges.

If someone was stealing your GTO Jay, and you had to take a shot at them with your pistol, and they decided to come back 2 years later and gun you down in your house, should we all assume you kept bad company or made poor decisions?

I think the most tragic part is that it sounds like a pretty wild shot that hit him in a pretty rotten place.

Unfortunate for sure.

I think the artery he clipped might have been the femoral (sp?) one. I don’t see any other way he could have lost so much blood.

It was indeed the Femoral

[quote=“Rocket 442,post:27,topic:39295"”]

Wow, you’re a fucking class act.

If you’d know what you were talking about, Taylor had cleaned his act up significantly in the past 2 years.

I’m sure you’ve done some wrong in your life, too bad someone hasn’t shot you and killed you. I love this e-thug (ironic isn’t it) mentality of “he deserved it”, and “too bad it wasn’t ___”

[/quote]

WOW…you’re a fucking idiot!!! Are you Sean Taylor’s personal friend or family? How the fuck do you know that he has cleaned up his act; or are you assuming that because ESPN has reported it? The truth is the guy spit in another players’ face, was investigated for pistol whipping someone outside a club, and has received other multiple fines and violations by the league. The guy also knew he had some thin coming for him especially a week before someone left a knife on his bed. You would think an All-Pro NFL player making millions of dollars would invest in a security system or body guard.

[quote=“Afrank45,post:28,topic:39295"”]

I didnt know being at home with you child and girlfriend(Sean Taylor) is thugging these days. Also i didnt know being in the back of a limo with your friends(Darrent Williams) is thugging. Way to talk shit about 2 dead men and wish death on another. You sir are the jerkoff of the day on nyspeed way to go. :clap:

[/quote]

Do you know anything about Sean Taylor’s history? Answer…obviously not. Do people randomly drive around and fire rounds into limos…no! You sir should actually read and learn facts before trying miserably to attack someone’s opinion. I also did not wish death on PacMan Jones, Im just surprised no one has attempted to kill him.

[quote=“Johnnylude,post:30,topic:39295"”]

who the F*ck are you?? How do u know these guys were “Thugs” i hope you get shot!

[/quote]

Hi…I’m a college educated individual that actually reads and does not believe everything ESPN tells me…do some research before you try to defend someone…I’m also pretty sure that I’m not going to get shot any time soon since I live in the “Burbs”, mind my own business, and only talk shit online, but if you want to shoot me send me a PM and we can set something up.

You’re a college idiot, how about taking some of your own advice:

[quote=“00Audi00,post:50,topic:39295"”]

Are you Sean Taylor’s personal friend or family? How the fuck do you know.

[/quote]

[quote=“Rx3,post:53,topic:39295"”]

You’re a college idiot, how about taking some of your own advice:

[/quote]

lol

[quote=“Rx3,post:46,topic:39295"”]

If someone was stealing your GTO Jay, and you had to take a shot at them with your pistol, and they decided to come back 2 years later and gun you down in your house, should we all assume you kept bad company or made poor decisions?

[/quote]

You’ve obviously never been to the range with me. If I take a shot at some guy stealing my GTO, he ain’t coming back. :wink:

I’m not saying he had it coming. I’m just calling BS on this story that the news is running with about it being some simple robbery gone bad.

Yea, im thinking theres more to the story… my guess is its NOT just a robbery gone bad. I suspect as time goes on, more truths as well as speculations will come out.

past or not, this man had a family and is now DEAD… some of u people are heartless mother fuckers

you think these people are heartless? man…should have heard the beginning of the Jim Rome show yesterday. People were calling in and making JOKES about oj simspon, and remarks like “at least brian moorman can sleep at night now.” Fuckin low…and for those of you who dont get the moorman crack, if youll recall a pro bowl game last year where moorman ran with a fake punt and got completely laid out by this guy. Anyway…Id like to think Buffalo has some class compared to some of the other people out there.

[quote=“00Audi00,post:50,topic:39295"”]

WOW…you’re a fucking idiot!!! Are you Sean Taylor’s personal friend or family? How the fuck do you know that he has cleaned up his act; or are you assuming that because ESPN has reported it? The truth is the guy spit in another players’ face, was investigated for pistol whipping someone outside a club, and has received other multiple fines and violations by the league. The guy also knew he had some thin coming for him especially a week before someone left a knife on his bed. You would think an All-Pro NFL player making millions of dollars would invest in a security system or body guard.

[/quote]

Nope, don’t know him personally, did meet him 2 times and was a nice guy to me, my younger sister, and family. Also ESPN said he turned his crap around lately, but continued to dwell on his spitting incident. You also don’t know what Micheal Pittman said to him, Marcus Washington said Pittman insulted his pregnant girlfriend so he got pissed off.

I don’t care if he did brandish a gun at someone (who attempted to steal 3 of his ATVs), I don’t think he, Darrent Williams, or Pacman deserve to be killed in front of their Girlfriends, and children but I guess some people are just soo badass, that they think it’s “alright” for that to happen.

Like I said, I’m sure you’ve pissed someone off, maybe they should have shot you to death. I wouldn’t like it, but by the way you talk, you should be expecting it and figure you had it coming.

Also, because of his incident with the gun, he wasn’t allowed to have a gun at his home. So if he was still alive, he’d be in jail, that itself sounds like he was attempting to clean himself up.

Also 00Audi00, I hate ESPN, and haven’t listened to much of anything they’ve said. But I didn’t know you called Miss Cleo and asked her if Taylor derserved it. So take your College Educated heartless Bullshit somewhere else.

Sounds like a huge thug here doesn’t he???

Sean Taylor’s sudden death hits Cowboys hard, too

Dallas defense honors safety’s memory with moment of silence

11:00 PM CST on Tuesday, November 27, 2007
By ALBERT BREER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Roy Williams went looking for fellow Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor before the Cowboys hosted the Redskins on Nov. 18.

Williams hadn’t been apprised that Taylor was out with a knee injury and hadn’t made the trip. Williams thought he would see Taylor the next time the rival teams met, but now he’ll never get that chance.

Taylor, 24, died Tuesday in Miami.

“He had a bright future in the league, and it’s sad that his whole future got stripped from him, somebody going into his house and taking his life,” Williams said.

“I feel bad for his family. I feel bad for his child; now his daughter has to grow up without a father.”

Just hours after Taylor died, the Cowboys defensive players honored the Redskins safety with a moment of silence. Williams says he’s hoping to wear Taylor’s No. 21 on the back of his helmet for the rest of the season.

Williams, who knew Taylor, said the birth of Taylor’s child had turned his life around after he incurred gun and drunken driving charges earlier in his career.

“He’s a great dude, and I was happy he added the new addition to his family with the birth of his daughter,” Williams said. “His whole life changed and turned around. I was impressed with him.”

Growing up in Florida, Cowboys safety Patrick Watkins always watched Taylor. When Watkins was a high school junior in Tallahassee, Taylor was a senior in Miami. And when Watkins was at Florida State, he played against Taylor twice before Taylor left the University of Miami early for the NFL draft.

“That’s a dude I looked up to,” said Watkins, who is looking into attending the funeral. “It’s a devastating loss for a lot of people in Florida and around the league.”