Senate ok's Iraq pull out

here is the problem with that. as a son of a vietnam vet, i’ve been told first hand stories that the problem that war had (excuse me, it was never classified as a “war” by the gov’t. conflict is the word they used) was that there was no real sense of strategy or direction. they were going slowly into it, then balls to wall, then not so much, then all at it again etc etc etc.
the gov’t never used all of the miltary power all at once, never had a difinitive battle plan, and didn’t start off right with what they needed. therefore the war drug on far too long. the war lasted from kennedy in the mid 60’s to '73. thats a long ass time of poor planning.

and its bascially what they’re doing now. regardless of wether you believe if we went into iraq for the right reasons or not, bush didn’t send the right amount of troops to begin with, there was too much relying on technology and not enough forsight into ground combat and gorrilla warfare. now its send more troops and do this and that differently, but its bascially too late, for many reasons, but the key one being that majority of the country (iraq) doesn’t want to be helped and or are fine with us doing all of the work and they’ll jsut sit back and watch. similar to vietnam. we’ve tried to help, but the iraq country as a whole hasn’t stepped up to take things in their own hands enough (or shown any deisre to do so) so its time to get out, or we’re looking at another long term war that isn’t going to be won either way because of poor planning and another major memorial/monument in d.c. with the names of lost soliders who died because of it.

on a side note: to the member who posted in this thread and others who may read it that are serving over there or have had, i’d like to sincerly Thank You. while things have gotten alot better since the days of vietnam and the disgusting mistreatment of america’s soliders by its citizens when they got home, i still don’t think that you men and women get enough thanks, graditude and honor. you sacrifice your lives so that we can sit around at home and have these discussions and freedom in general and for that you should be forever applauded and honored.