Shaving door handles

So i picked up a new hatch for the project. Thanks padauzario(is thats how u spell it)!! Im thinkin about shaving the door handles. Im wondering if anyone has reccomendations about a good company to get a door popping kit from. Ive seen a friends door poppers get really fucked up and stop working and thats the last thing i want. Thanks guys.

i have a popper kit for ya … from autoloc

price?

They ALL suck. I scrapped mione cuz the kept slippin, insyead I had Derrick(BDR5oh) hook me up with power windows on a remote with my alarm, i just hit a button and the windows roll down, much safer than them damn popper solenoids! oh if you do my way, make sure and make an emergency hood pop cable!

yeah, wat brand were u using btw?

I dont remember, i might have em rustin away in the garage. I know they wer not AutoLoc’s though.

Well if you have a slipping problem it sounds like a install problem. I have installed a bunch of kits on s-10’s and even my car. Never had any problems. The only saftey tip i do recomend is an external positive lead from your battery. I got this terminal that are on semi’s, someone told me that in the winter its hard to get access to the battery because stuff freezing up. So they have a positive terminal outside of the truck so you can access it, to jump it. Because if your battery goes dead your pretty much screwed.

I recommend Autoloc and SPAL for a kit.

Also don’t plan on driving in the winter.

PMed you the info, you can always wire up one of the buttons to roll down your window as a backup,

if the door is frozen or the popper gives out you can still get in teh car that way

but its nice to be able to pop your door as you walk up to the car as you walk up to it, especialy if its raining

had one for over 2 years… did it myself… never a single problem…

i have autolocs for sale BRAND new. 100 bucks

On my trans am I was going to take a normal power window switch and basically run it directly to the battery so the keys didn’t have to be in it… leave the switch under the car… and use that instead of a popper… or a remote. You could also use that switch and its hot lead to jump the window switch to get power going in case of a dead battery.

This was all before “custom” work was considered rice…

all it takes is one person to see you do that one time, and you take the chance of it getting horked.

snk styles with my foot… :snky:

lol…

I lived in the stix… I hardly locked the doors or put the t-tops on it

Yeah, my Nissan Pulsar also just had a push start, not key necessary, haha…