Shift Meet at Elliots house

fair enough

same here minus the face punching

Yeah. You scared me before.

For anyone looking to get from X-Gates to TP:

Take the road by Price Chopper across from X-Gates (Johnson Rd)
Take a right on Rt 85A
Take a right on Rt 85
Take a right on Rt 157 (Thatcher Park Rd)

Just a warning: the cops in the park radar often, and are really strict (both park police and Albany sheriffs) - 30 really means 30.

I would say have everyone meet @ the overlook (it’s really nice), and then move to find a BBQ site.

Overlook picture:
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6325/1007902al8mg9.jpg

yea I’ll second that, there are ALWAYS both park po po and sheriffs up there. So don’t be tempted to keep goin 55 when it drops to that 30, lol

I almost forgot about that, good call. Last time I was there we did see a lot of cops.

I don’t forget about cops and their “hiding spots” - I’ve been pulled over for <5mph over the limit 4X so far ::slight_smile:

If coming from X-Gates, park police often sit just before the first entrance to the overlook. If coming from Berne, park police often sit in the first parking lot past the “Welcome to John Boyd Thatcher State Park” sign. Albany Sheriffs often sit in the upper parking area of the overlook (cazwrx187 was there to attest to them sitting in the first and third spot last time UNYSOC had a cruise up there).

I’m still on the fence about attending - I have to go to a friends house in Richmondville to pick up a case of beer I left there Sunday sometime this week, so I’d be willing to take everyone around on some of the roads up there. Is anyone interested? If so, I need notice before the cruise if you are against dirt/gravel/seasonal roads, because the route I have in my head includes them (I just need some notice so I can adjust route). If you go on my cruise afterward, we’ll end up in Middleburgh, where you can follow me to Cobleskill via Rt145

If we’re meeting at the overlook I’ll see you folks there around 11:30. I’m an early go-er, hate being late to shit even if it’s something casual like this.

Anything else needed? Food wise, condiments, drink, etc???

i have pulled my boat thru thacher park at about 45-50 and went past them and they never pulled me over :slight_smile:

anything that you can think of… I’d rather have too much, than not enough

i’ll prob head right there, i get enough of x-gates that i don’t feel like going their on my day off, and that way i can drive at my own pace.

I’ll be in NC not freezing my nuts off…but I will be watching my Lions get slaughtered by the Panthers :nod

Jeez, I can’t make this one either… that give me a 0% attendance record

Why not you queer? you do nothing.

I’ll make an appearance I guess…will be there a little later, more like 1230-1ish. Either in my beast of an Accord or a C5 :ninja

College visit

::slight_smile: :gay

Not one of those half assed pete and dennis college visits either

tell me about it :idiots Talk about fail.

No Jackie Chans swingin on your nuts or any of that