Shifter-Kart on public streets (for 44 minutes!) with Video Goodness

:lol so sick!

I miss my old 125cc 6speed more and more every day…

I’m jealous.

HA! now just imagine the same thing, a little bit bigger, and with about 100hp more behind it :mwahaha I’ll let you drive it, then we can do some racing vids against a Pcar or two out here in the backroads.

That sounds incredibly safe :rofl

Yup, a complete disregard to one’s own well being for sure. Might be up for a darwin award or two buu at least I’ll have fun in doing so :lol

:crackup

they prolly hear it and think its a bike and say screw it

IDK but i wish i had thing thing to ride thru colonie

that be fun crusin down central or racin ppl on the extension lol little bumpy

that is fuckin awesome… how much does one of those cost? i seriously would consider getting one and doing that around here… :confused

You can typically pick up a good used one for about $3K. Good cart chassis go for ~5-7K new(ones with front brakes, Aurora heims, water cooled engines, etc). Check Comet Cart for the basics.(www.cometcartsales.com

The one I’m building right now will cost me about $5K overall, but if it was being built for a customer it would probably carry a 10-11K price tag with labor and other misc things. Although this one is completely way over the top and not you average shifter cart, more like a smaller SCCA Formula.

-Adam

so basically you will build me somethin nasty so i can do that shit in the video for like 8k cause you love me.

For $8K I could build you a cart so rediculous you’d never want to drive another legal car again :cool

ok well i was talkin to a friend of mine last night and i would seriously consider doin somethin like this… cause its different, looks insanely fun, and i really need a new toy.

how cheap can it get though? cause obviously the less it costs the better, but i want it to be like that vid :nod

find a used one on like ebay or something or a go-kart forum

Really all depends on how quick you want to kill yourself. You can easily slap a motor to the back of a BJ’s Wholesale cart and go rip but you’ll probably end up dead. Things like GOOD brakes and wheel/tires/hubs add up very quickly.

Buy a used 125-200cc dirbike engine(with all required CDI/radiator/accessories). Get a cheap cart and adapt some cheap hub/wheel components from BMI Kart. Probably could whip up a low budget(and low safety) cart for about $1000 shopping around, but it’s gonna be a handful and maybe have one small drum brake to slow you down(which it totally won’t but it’s nice to think so anyway:) )

I’d bet that cart in the video has about 2-3K into it easy.

so basically 3K+ and i’d be somewhat safe, and go really fast. i think i’m sold…

Go to ekartingnews.com and look in the classifieds.

Buy a 250cc superkart and run it on the street I double dare you. ;D

It’s like less than 400 lbs with driver and 90+ hp. Even coming from a 500 whp car I’m sure you’d be impressed. Stats are something like under 3 to 60, braking 100-0 in 2 (!!) seconds :wtf

Oh, and it can do close to 3Gs lateral too as a side bonus.