skate blade replacement/repair?

anywhere around here do this? i have an old set of skates i would like to fix rather than replace. the 10 year old skates fit real nice… dont want to break in another pair haha

lmk, thanks

Depends, what kind of steel/holders are in there?? Chances are they are tuk holders, so steel should be readily available, why not buy some new light speed ii holders and steel

do not want, like i said i dont want to break in a new pair. ive had these since i was 15

theyre nike federovs, they have the tuk blade. i havent played in very long, and dont plan on it. i just want to skate around this winter

ah i see now new holders/blades would be good, where and how much

Hey jam, my brother works at Front row sports inside the pepsi center, he knows a thing or two about skates. i asked him what a ballpark figure would be to replace the blades, and he said around 50 to 80 dollars. If you have the time to go to the pepsi center by UB, go inside, ask for Rob, and if hes working tell him you know jack. he should hook you up. PM me if you need details

youre a good guy jack. thanks dude!

thanks man, and hes usualy there in the late afternoon, hes in school mostly durring the day. but if you end up going you can always just ask me and i can see if hes working before hand.

jam you can prob get a pair of new skates for 50-80 that are most likely far superior than your 10 year old ones. stop being a pussy and just break in some new ones.

besides wasnt your fucking leg crooked when we were 15

p.s. meet me at the rotary

new skates for 50-80!?! no way, used and beat maybe. Great skate does this kinda work too.

You can do this yourself by the way. With tuuk chassis there should be two holes in the boot under the sole. Through those two holes you can access the bolts that attach the blades. I believe the bolts require an allen wrench. I am unsure however on what the cost is for new blades vs. new blades and installed at Pepsi as stated earlier.