Skate Demo - Xbox 360

I hate it.

It looks great and they have tried to change the way you control the player but it is just annoying. To do an ollie in Tony Hawk, you press or hold a button. In Skate, you have to push the right stick down and then flick it up. This makes doing something in a half pipe super difficult to time and it makes building up speed pretty hard as well. In order to build speed you need to hit the X button rapidly. That just stinks though because you can never get going fast enough it seems. Grabs are the shoulder buttons which is fine. Griding is a chore. You have to perfectly line up straight with a rail and then jump just high enough that you don’t totally clear it. I like that in Tony Hawk you simply hit a button when you are jumping near a rail and the player will grind it.

Props to EA for trying something different, but it just blows. Sure it’s much closer to the actual difficulty of real skating, but it didn’t seem to hurt sales of Tony Hawks games. Maybe I will try it again to see if I can get used to the control scheme but I really don’t want to.

I just got some wild west shootout FPS demo, that blows too.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX”"]

I hate it.

It looks great and they have tried to change the way you control the player but it is just annoying. To do an ollie in Tony Hawk, you press or hold a button. In Skate, you have to push the right stick down and then flick it up. This makes doing something in a half pipe super difficult to time and it makes building up speed pretty hard as well. In order to build speed you need to hit the X button rapidly. That just stinks though because you can never get going fast enough it seems. Grabs are the shoulder buttons which is fine. Griding is a chore. You have to perfectly line up straight with a rail and then jump just high enough that you don’t totally clear it. I like that in Tony Hawk you simply hit a button when you are jumping near a rail and the player will grind it.

Props to EA for trying something different, but it just blows. Sure it’s much closer to the actual difficulty of real skating, but it didn’t seem to hurt sales of Tony Hawks games. Maybe I will try it again to see if I can get used to the control scheme but I really don’t want to.

[/quote]

I completely agree.

It was all good, and I was actually enjoying the controls until it came time to hit some grinds. Got one grind after a handful of attempts, gave up on the second one. There’s just to much to keep track of using both analog sticks so independently.

Like you said I might try it again, but I have no desire to. Back to cod4: beta.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX”"]

I hate it.

[/quote]

:word: i downloaded the demo after coldaccord or dex or something was popping boners over it. in the end though… it blew.

where/how do i download this demo. I really would like to try the game before buying it.

[quote=“Mr.Juice,post:5,topic:34610"”]

where/how do i download this demo. I really would like to try the game before buying it.

[/quote]

In the XBox Live Marketplace under game demos.

screw that! xbox live is expensive.