Snow and Lightening ??

well i went downstairs to get some food and to refresh while writing this paper…and to check out the snow…

i was looking outside, and out of no where there was a huge flash… i was like OHHHH shit, a transformer blew, and i didnt save my work… thankfully some thunder followed… :lol: :confused:

i dont recall ever seeing lightening and snow… maybe it’s just me :gotme:

last time there was lightning during snow was in 03 when we got 7 feet. Im not saying wer gonna get 7 feet again but lightning and thunder during snow usually means its gonna be bad

its like a rain storm only cold out… its lightening and snowing now…I love it…

I want 3-4 feet !!

Eh it’s not totally uncommon, although I can’t remember too many instances of it. I think I remember a bunch of it during the October snowfuck last year.

I saw lightning last year during the early snow season. I thought I heard thunder earlier, thanx for confirming it Bill.

you’re welcome, that’s what im here for.

don paul,
out

sho 'nuff. I just heard some too. Neat.

the lighting looks beautiful with the snowfall

I hope some of the photographers are shooting some pictures as we speak, I think the lightning and snow looks really cool

apocalypse!

the october storm had thunder and lightning as well.

Aside from last years October storm, the last time I remember lightning and snowing was when I was a senior at UB, so 2002.

Overall we got about 4 inches in the city, not bad. I want more!

I’ve seen it a number of times, quite fascinating.

There was snow and lightning earlier this year already.

Happens every year just about, usually with supersqualls, a snow squall that develops an opposing rotation due to strong updrafts off the lake, the rotation creates static electricity, and then lightning. Another side effect of this type of squall, the static charge makes the snow stick to everything.

This morning’s thunder was probably lake enhanced.