Snow Beater

I need something to get me around all winter. Don’t care about gas mileage or looks and I have around 1g. Let me see what you have.

Have a 1990 4x4 5spd Chevy for sale, need to sell asap, asking $850.

Call Jeff 716 570 3082 if interested, there is a thread on here.

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SES 144K, clean, will last much longer than 1 winter, looking for about $1700obo

97 saturn http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?165762-1997-Saturn-SL1.-5-speed-99087-miles.-Needs-windshield.

I have a 98 taurus 86000 needs power steering line fixed other than that runs great not the prettiest some dents little rust $1500 bo

I sold my 98 Taurus with more miles for $1500, so both of these seem to be decent deals. They ride super nice and have a ton of room, pretty easy to work on too, just keep up on ball joints and end links. I also have done O2 sensors on 3 of them so those seems pretty common, $60 for OEM fit and even the one behind the engine is easy to do, took like 15 minutes without jacking the car up.

Lookin for something rwd. My dads mercury sable was a pos to drive in the snow. I’d rather throw weight in the trunck of rusty old oldsmobile or crown vic.

1995 Honda Civic CX Hatch, 5spd, 170K miles, There is rust car still runs but headgasket is going and alternator is seized. $750 Firm. then half a day of work = Snow winter beater. and Heat works excellent :slight_smile:

put weight in the front end :slight_smile:

buy this, it’ll take a few hrs to do the alt and hg.

fggt

or buy one of the many cackords on CL

$1500 FIRM
1998 police interceptor/crown vic.
Been mechanically sound for me. Near new rear snow tires. AND…a CD player, ZOMG…BUY NOW. :wink:

I think that hit all of his points ^ Sounds like a winner.

It’s got 135k miles on it. Some quarter rust but solid and not a rot bucket by any means.
It was owned by Danny_Boy then 9c1ny on here whom I bought it from about maybe 6 months ago.
Bonus…inspection is good till I think April so you’re golden for the winter. Not that there are any CEL lights/codes or anything.

http://www.crownvic.biz/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1516621&fpart=1
This was from back when Danny_boy owned it. It now has cop center caps and of course through the years it’s less minty but still solid. :wink:

Edit----
My Suby should be back on the road tonight if the water pump replacement goes well. For about a month I’ve DD the Vic with 0 issues. It’s on the road and can be test driven.

Win for the vic, I kinda want it, anyone want a siq B5 A4?

info?

Crown Vic, DO IT BEAST!

97 A4 with 89k Quattro 5sp silver black cloth interior

TB at 70k
Just did one of the control arms and I have rear sway bar end links that I haven’t done yet

APR 2.5" TBE
APR stage 2 chip
H&R springs/Bilstein struts
Bigger front sway(can’t remember what though)
Stoptech 13in BBK
VDO boost gauge
VW 17in wheels
Sony head unit with upgraded speakers and a 4 channel amp

$6k

I’m driving down to check out a truck this week. I’ll prob pm you to set up a test drive of that crown Vic too.

My truck? LOL TXT me if so

the crown vic is a steal, it will easily last several more years and I replaced the gas tank last winter…

I’m hesitant on letting it go. 8(
But the Suby needed a water pump and it’s my DD.

Thanks for the vote on the vic. :slight_smile:

OP…buy and keep it or hell for that matter buy it and sell it for probably break even after the winter is over. Either way it’s a solid car.