So, im a tard.....

so I was replacing some A/C components in my sisters 2000 alero, and without thinking anything of it, i disconnected her radio and set it on the passenger floor…I finished up and put everything back together and then her radio said “Loc”…

lol

needless to say she is quite pissed at me right now and the dealer told her $50 to “unlock” it again…

anyone have a cheaper way to resolve this? I’m kinda responsible for it, and i think that its rediculous for the dealer to charge $50 to fix it…i mean, what if someone puts an aftermarket radio in their car and wants to switch back to stock to sell said car?

help?

You did her a favor how can she be pissed at you… Sure figuring it out would make it better, but fuck her for being pissed at you for doing a favor.

there should be a code in the owners manual, no?

have her buy that $50 alpine on here

i kept plugging my stereo in and disconnecting the battery in my Pontiac and it finally unlocked.

I did some research on this when I sold one of these radios, found this but never had to use it yet.
http://www.infamouscustoms.com/GMTheftcode.html

Edit: I think there are some free ones if you look hard enough. This one was free a while ago, but now it’s $5

Hit sister with shovel.

^ wtf? lol

hmm, thanks for that, ill try to find a free one…

or try Boxxa’s method

i gurantee you BDR5oh Derrick can help you.

lol pic of said sister and if she is hot ill sell you one for 25 bucks … nice jvc

LOL, my sister is far from hot…

anyone on here who has seen her can vouch

talk to derrick.

Consider that vouched.

call the dealer, tell them you need a radio code, u have to hold 2 buttons, u get 2 numbers, hold 2 more buttons get 2 more numbers, give the guy on the phone those numbers and he gives u the code. or something to the affect. i know honda’s u get the serial off the back of the radio, give it to the guy on the phone, and they give u the code. it’s worth a shot. or check the owner’s manual for the code, sometimes it’s written in there somewhere.

On the GTO you’re supposed to get a little security card with the car that had the code for the stereo, along with the key codes and some other info. It would not be in the owners manual because those are printed the same for every car.

Sucks that they want to charge her $50 to look it up. Mine was missing and it took the dealer less than a minute to look it up and print it out for me (once I explained where it was in their computer system from a post on ls1gto.com). They did it for free but the car was under warranty.

It would be on the inner covers where you have to hand write all the serials and such. i believe there’s a space for “Radio Code:_______” on that page. Not like anyone ever fills that part of the owners manual out.

Yea people rarely fill out that info in the owners manual…

come on man, play on some forums & figure it out

why that would be too easy