So, I'm going through the Ultima UK site....

Can I put a 4 cyl into the GTM? Kind of like a reverse sleeper.

It looks nice but how would it hold up in a crash?

well theres a LambFiero with chrysler V8 power in hamburg. so yeah i think so.

If he was hitting 200+ on the back straight at the Glen and only doing a sub 2:00 he is a horrible driver.

Maybe you could teach him how to drive better.
I didn’t even say how much under 2:00 he was.

I know guys hitting ONLY 170 on the back straight and running 1:50 flat. Judging by the times your average indy car, or DP run, if he’s hitting 200+ (Indy car territory) and your average Indy car runs between a 1:32 and a 1:39, it sounds like a bull shit claim to me.

Maybe it’s more like the guy isnt a professional driver so he was 10-15 seconds slower elsewhere?

I’d belive that. It’s easy to go straight. It takes much greater skill to maintain speed through the turns.

You need amazing exit speed through Turn 1, then up through the esses and into the back straight and a REDICULOUS amount of HP to hit 200+ on WGI. The only cars that I can think of that have done it are Group C cars.

I was talking to a couple of track veterans at the time and from what I remember they said he had to be hitting 200 to be under 2:00.
From what you have said that is not accurate.
It was many years ago so maybe I am remembering wrong.
I do remember seeing a 962 that was rediculously fast on the back straight.
It seemed faster than any racing car I have seen there.

I have only done 140mph. Coming out of the esses on street tires at over 110 is scary fun.:smiley:

shrug I’m basing my info off of the PCA stuff I hang around combined with the data I have for Indy/DP/F1 @ WGI. Leh Keen and the other GT1R guys are smacking 1:49-1:55 and none of them are breaking 180mph from what I recall. Hell some of the GT3S/R 944 guys are sitting right around 1:58-2:05 and they arent breaking 165.

It just doesnt sound anywhere near correct to me.

PCA, eh? You know Dave Carr?

Can’t say I do. I dont speak with everyone and only help out with certain people who are customer’s for a friend I do occasional work for. Or those who have requested I show up and shoot photos at their race. If you give me a car class/# I’m more likely to know the person than by name to be honest.

im pretty sure he is talking about this car
http://lh6.google.com/bracketracer/Rpea61Rz_zI/AAAAAAAAB8E/TmJp21tUrZc/s800/DSC00824.JPG