So my CD is finally almost done... *mp3*

well i am definately not one to listen to 311, so i hear you out on that. i can’t agree with you on the fact it’s a bad cover, i really like the intro part the most and that’s why i used it (theres about 40 seconds of the 311 version on it)…it’s almost a dubbed out version halftime that of the original, and that’s why i felt it was a smooth way to kick off the start of the end of the CD.

i feel you though, it’s all good. the rest of the shit is bangin anyways. i knew that’d be questionable putting it on, but i’m trying to do something no one else would, not just follow suit with hiphop DJs and be like “too soft”, and that’s why i decided to put it on there.

sure, the CD is formatted for listening to loud in the car, dancing, whatever…but it’s also formatted like a true album which i feel is a lost concept in 2007. when it comes to dj mixtapes and album releases by artists…everything’s a fucking club single these days with no substance. so i wanted something that at least had an intro/outro with meaning, and the between focused on what I do, make people want to move. granted at the end of the day i’m just a DJ and i can’t format an album to tell a story and shit like a lyrical artist or musician, but I can at least set tones and moods and that’s what I feel sets this shit above a lot of other mixtapes being released as of late.

so yeah, i felt like the 311 cover was an effective way of setting that mood. it works if you listen to it in context, in my eyes (or ears rather :wink: )

good looks though! i know you got a little heart for MJ in you jam :slight_smile: