So, since I built a new PC, what are some good games?

Games that are fun and entertaining. I never liked war craft / c&c style games.

I like FPS style games but would be up for more. Does anyone play BF2 any more? I used to play the demo but my old computer was too slow, so it never looked all that good. Anything that style, but newer?

Anything Rainbox 6 Vegas style out for PC?

And yes, I’m lazy, I won’t even google it…

Rainbow 6 style would be Counterstrike ftw.

Something other than CS.

battlefield

oblivion

Hell, go get the latest unreal tourney.

i love fear

FEAR is good.Halo 2 will be out on 5/8.

BF2.

ick, i hated fear, i don’t like HAVING to slow down time to kill things… i like shit like uber fast paced like quake :slight_smile:

Ghost Recon Advanced is good, Rainbow 6 Las Vegas is good,

also :

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25161

duh, I just realized that RS6 LV is out for PC. So I shall get that.

Is Ghost Recon stealth heavy? I think I played one of the RS6 games that was like that and didn’t care for it as much.

I think I’ll get RS6 LV and BF2 to start, when I get a wheel, I’ll get GTR2

Rick, any good flight sims out?

ms flight sim is the best, but make sure ur getting a fast pc to run it in all of its glorious detail.

i can get it if u want it walter.

[quote=“walter,post:10,topic:27239"”]

Is Ghost Recon stealth heavy? I think I played one of the RS6 games that was like that and didn’t care for it as much.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t say it was stealth heavy, although you do some sneaking around. I’d say it’s more “outdoorsy” while Rainbow Six Vegas is more “indoorsy”. Does that make sense? :bloated:

EDIT: Ok, I’m a retard. How about Rainbow Six Vegas is more close quarter/claustrophobic/urban combat. Ghost does some urban combat/close quarter stuff but you get more missions out in the open.

[quote=“walter,post:10,topic:27239"”]

Rick, any good flight sims out?

[/quote]

I’m real jaded when it comes to flight sims, and in my opinion nothing good has come out since Falcon 4.0 (and it’s many online variants).

Helicopter wise, nothing good since Longbow 2, and that is a pretty old game now, good luck finding a copy. :frowning: (still love it)

I never really played with any of the MS sims because they all seemed boring to me, I need something to shoot at.

The MS sim with the WWII era planes was kind of nice, don’t remember what they called it though.

Car sims is where it’s at: rFactor and GTR2; hurry up and get that wheel

[quote=“TgDn32,post:4,topic:27239"”]

battlefield

oblivion

Hell, go get the latest unreal tourney.

[/quote]

what is the latest unreal tournament? the only one i know of is the one that comes out in september.

did anyone try the game STALKER?

Yea, I meant sims I could shoot shit in :-p

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:13,topic:27239"”]

what is the latest unreal tournament? the only one i know of is the one that comes out in september.

did anyone try the game STALKER?

[/quote]

2004 maybe 2005?

And yes, I was gonna tell him to wait for 07, but thats months away.

keep it real with BF1942 W/ the “Forgotten Hope” mod.…make sure to download the “historical texture and sound mod” for F.H. also.

I would also go with “Forgotten Hope” for BF2 when i comes out…if it hasn’t already…im not keeping track cause my 512 ram wont do it anyway…

CS:Source and GTR2 are the only games I play if I ever play at home.

Oh, we’ve been playing GTA3: San Andreas multiplayer mod at work lately, that shit is pretty damn fun.

For first person shooter they just came up with a game that is MMO called Huxley. There was a huge article about it in Computer games this month. Got pretty good reviews. Basically like any other style game like that the more you play the stronger your character gets and the more stuff you can buy.

http://www.huxleygame.com/

Rainbow 6 Vegas :tup:
Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
any of the NFS games (alot of fun)
Condemned: Criminal Origins

there are alot of great PC games/ports out there