wow, I will be busy :eek3:

Originally posted by Shaggy
subframes and a wiper motor…

wow, I will be busy :eek3:
i got that motor and that water
pump… just have to get it before pewter does

Originally posted by whitey
holla!!!

so you are just going to keep the cabby or start a new one?

this is long, so take a deep breath.

no one wants to buy it, so im putting more $ into it. priority wise, im getting pistons/turbo/injectors/intercooler. however, there is a lot i would like to do to it.

priority list- these 4 items are deffinitely going to be done. car wont move until they are done

forged pistons (525 bucks)

bigger injectors- like 72lb injectors (figure 400-hopefully i find a hook up and get them cheaper)

bigger turbo, something that flows like 50-60 lbs a minute as opposed to my current one which flows 36lbs a min.(got a hook up, so hopefully under 900)

And the intercooler (400).

of this shit, i figure i can sell my turbo for 500-600 range, my i/c to someone on vortex for 225, and my injectors figure i can get 150-200 for them. So i need to shit 1300 out of pocket to make my goal…

that should enable me to reach my goal of 400+ whp and 11 second slips… and i wanna run 11’s consistenly- as i wanna race weekly in street, or modified class if i can become consistent enough, at the track this yr.

This is my wish list…

ditch vw wiring, and run a painless setup

Get rid of my dash, and make a aluminium dash and fab a set of alum doorcards (more than likely will do this)

I will need to buy an aftermarket speedo or steal one from an old mechanical speedo from a porsche at work as well as a fuel gauge since my current cluster wont work w/ the tin dash

WHile im fabbing shit, i want to make a front mount intake manifold from aluminium, and put a 65 mm throttle body on it.

Like to get headwork- port and polish, back cut valves, etc. Grab new springs/valves/retainers and a set of cams–maybe i wont valve float my shit and be able to rev past 8k

painting the car flat black rat-rod style w/ chrome grille, chrome side mirrors/trim, and a set of wheels to match it.

Of course, my street tires will be drag radials this year. so figure 200 bucks for set of fronts.

Would like to recover the seats in red if the car is painted flat black- but that is deff not a priority.

there is alot of shit i wanna do. but the top 4 are the priority…ill drive the fucker all beat up looking. But to have it done and be at teh point where im 100% happy w/ it–all of the above will need to be done, plus a set of drive shaft shop stage 5 axle/hub combo ($1000.) well, id be happy for a while until i need to go 10’s…

damn… sounds like fun… I will be happy if I put down 200 for now and you are talking about 400… jesus

hmm…i wouldn’t mind getting my car to be ready for the 10’s over winter, but time and money are probably going to be a challenge

Originally posted by rusty240det
hmm…i wouldn’t mind getting my car to be ready for the 10’s over winter, but time and money are probably going to be a challenge

whats impeding it into getting into the 10s? turbo?

whitey–buy my car as it sits…

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
whitey–buy my car as it sits…

your car is definitely :cool: just not my thing… I like that I am going to be the only pink turbo jetta around… just by buying all this stuff I have gained so much more knowledge about my car and turbos in general… so I am getting what I want out of it, I just want a toy with some power that handles well. Not into running it down a straight track… dunno just different i guess, but I will be glad when its done so I can learn more about making it better

Originally posted by whitey
whats impeding it into getting into the 10s? turbo?

hmm…well…fuel, cus my 555’s are too small. the turbo i think has a low 11 in it, but it is pushing it to max. the manifold is just a simple log style manifold, it’s definitely capable of 500+ hp, but it’s not efficient, traction is going to get worse to hit that goal of 10’s. i definitely need a cage to go that fast, but its not a big deal getting one. the chassis needs some stiffening, and basically a whole lot of tuning and i should be there.

i know i can hit 10’s with just doing a couple stupid things, but i want to hit 10’s in a car that i like driving. right now as the car sits, i’m just not happy with it. rattles too much, uncomfortable to drive, suspension needs tuned in. just all types of little things. i’d sacrifice having a 10 second car for a solid 11 second car that i enjoy driving.

Originally posted by rusty240det
hmm…well…fuel, cus my 555’s are too small. the turbo i think has a low 11 in it, but it is pushing it to max. the manifold is just a simple log style manifold, it’s definitely capable of 500+ hp, but it’s not efficient, traction is going to get worse to hit that goal of 10’s. i definitely need a cage to go that fast, but its not a big deal getting one. the chassis needs some stiffening, and basically a whole lot of tuning and i should be there.

i know i can hit 10’s with just doing a couple stupid things, but i want to hit 10’s in a car that i like driving. right now as the car sits, i’m just not happy with it. rattles too much, uncomfortable to drive, suspension needs tuned in. just all types of little things. i’d sacrifice having a 10 second car for a solid 11 second car that i enjoy driving.

why not ditch all that and build it to road race!!! get that suspension tuned, and rip up the road course once…

fix car. save money. move home.

6.0 bottom end forged pistons ,new NX intake with direct port NX kit!!!low 10’s on motor,9’s:rolleyes: on 300 shot!!!
BUT HOUSE IS FIRST IF I GET IT!!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Pewterss
6.0 bottom end forged pistons ,new NX intake with direct port NX kit!!!low 10’s on motor,9’s:rolleyes: on 300 shot!!!
BUT HOUSE IS FIRST IF I GET IT!!:slight_smile:

IBPEWTERBLOWSUPORWRECKS

Originally posted by Darkstar
IBPEWTERBLOWSUPORWRECKS
NOT!!!

but i may crack my block!!:tounge: :tounge:

Originally posted by ohsoquik02
i got that motor and that water
pump… just have to get it before pewter does

:nono: :nono: :nono: :rant:

Originally posted by Pewterss
:nono: :nono: :nono: :rant:
just chill big homie

Probally some headers when I feel like spending $700+

evo 3 turbo some injectors mas translator front mount and some lil things i hope