SOLD: 1997 Impreza Brighton AWD 5spd beater/rallyX car.

SOLD~~

Up for sale is my RallyX car, which is a 1997 Impreza Brighton AWD 5 spd 1.8l beast!

135K miles on the clock and still runs great. (I will need to verify the mileage, but it is pretty close)

I need to take some up to date pictures of it and will post if there is interest, but for the time being I will tell you that it is mystic blue, with a poor spraypaint job of metallic blue on it. Has rust holes, some filled in and dents on it.

This car has been my beater/rallyX car for about 18 months and as of late it has just been taking up a bunch of driveway, since I have no time for RallyX anymore and I would rather use the money from this car to put good snowtires on the STI.

This car is fun as hell to drive on snowy days and on the RallyX track! Light weight, AWD and a 5 speed. This was the last year of the stripped down impreza. (no power windows, locks or ABS) also has no radio or speakers to make it ultra light!

Asking $900-$1000 just want it gone

Start with the bad:
Rust hole under gas door filled in to keep some water out.
Rust on the A-pillars filled in to keep some water out.
Crack on the windshield on passenger side (will/has passed inspection)
Oil pump is leaking from the seal
Steering boot is ripped
Front halfshaft inner boots are ripped
Dented hood
Check engine line (haven’t pulled the code) car runs fine with it on
Broken lug nut, thanks tinyrally for that (easy to replace)
Driver’s side window needs to reset in the tracks, since it will not close properly. (too lazy to fix)
Crappy spraypaint job by me.

The good:
Full Struts, springs, and hats from a 2005 WRX really helps out the control of the car
New plugs
New wires
New front pads
LX interior with fold down rear seat. LX interior is all cloth unlike the brighton interior which use to be fabric and fake leather that ripped
Gauge cluster from 1997 outback sport so you have a tachometer which the brighton didn’t come with (have the original gauge cluster too)
Rear disc conversion from 2001 RS (drum to disc)
New lateral links from 2001 RS and mount for rear sway bar.
New bushings in rear lateral links
2 sets of 14” rims with snow tires. Stock 5 star aluminum rims and Michelin arctic alpines, & silver steal rims with Dunlop M3 winter tires
factory cruise control
New PCV valve not installed
1/8” thick sheet of aluminum installed as skid plate (very effective)

Pre-paint pics

This car sounds like a riot, get some pics up ASAP! GLWS

seperate one of the sets of wheels and tires?

Nah man… package deal. You can ask the future owner… when one comes around

would you take ~500 bux?

If that is wrapped around a few more hundreds, sure…

I’ll let you know if I get desperate.

dont be a hero you know this is a good way to make friends with benjamin franklin

ouch nice dent other than that

glws

plastic 50 gal drum used as a cone on a rally track last winter.

Thought it would be worse when I hit it, but was happy that was all that happened.

if i only needed a winter car!! glwts

hmm i could really use this. pm me your bottom dollar on it.

x2

Car is pending sale, will let you all know if something changes.

X3 I need winter beater