some lake george fun...

on the way home from lake george yesterday, a few of us decided to just have a lil fun messing around on the highway… a stock 07 wrx, a fp green STi, a 30r gti and a 30r golf, also a k20 civic… well heres how things played out
1.) STi > wrx…4-5cars
2.) 30r golf > k20 civic… 1-1.5 cars
3.) STi > 30r GTi…1-1.5 cars
4.) STi > 30r golf…2.5-3 cars

comment as u will.

trav jumped hmmmmmmmmm i havent seen that before :haha

:nod

damn…i knew i should have gone yesterday

was all in good fun anyways… i honestly couldnt hear ur car next to me so i let out. i couldnt tell where u were in relation to my side door. i looked back when i lifted and u were a lil behind my passenger rear 1/4 panel. im sure once u get a front mount and all and are able to turn up the boost, there would be a closer or totally different result. 80mph was around 4500-5k in my 4th gear… i went through 4th and 3/4 of 5th gear before letting out.

i pulled the 30r golf pretty well from a 60-65 hit… got out on him pretty good and kept pulling away slowwwwwly. both the vw’s are very respectable. i honestly thought i was going to lose on a highway pull to both of you…

on a side note, i hope all worked out ok for alan… popo off exit 15 = uh oh.

yeah allan made it away with nothing… im not one for excuses, but you know as well as i do stock intercoolers are junk, and even yours is more than twice the capacity of mine, my car gets hot fast, pete needs to up his boost, hes afraid i think. he is stock rods right now, but hes safe to go to 20psi, my friend in NC is running a GT35R with a .82 housing on his stock 1.8t, running 23psi, 1000cc injectors with an AWD swap… 11.7@120 spinning all 4 in first. and bogging because of the .82, hes swapping over to a .63 for faster re spool, and going again. i cant wait to get my car done, im about 100-110hp down from where i should be at, on pump… on 104 i should be over 400whp.

yes… stock intercoolers ftmfl. i dont know how much boost pete was running but your car seemed to pull better than his did. i let him take the hit both runs i had against him… first run we hit traffic with me up by a car or 2… 2nd run was clean sailing and i got out 2.5-3 cars pretty easily. was a clean run for both of us. id like to finish my motor set-up asap, but bills are a bitch currently. all in due time. ill run what i brung til then.

hes on the same boost setting i am, wastegate. 1bar spring, tial 38mm… hes got the same injectors, and software as i do. major differences i think in the cars is my engine has a VVT setup, i have a much better exhaust manifold. im also 8.5:1 vs his 9.5:1 so his off boost is better than me. hes got the 3076 vs my 3071, and a fmic(not the greatest) and a 3inch catback minus cat with my 2.5inch catback… many variables… 15psi on a 3076 vs 15psi on a 3071 is a small difference… i also trap a little higher than he does, not too much, .5mph or so… but IN THEORY he should make more power than i do… who knows.

maybe its his mini dubs he has too. the weight of our cars is close too…but i think i offset it because im a fatty.

haha… anythings possible. id like to go again with u @ 16psi or so, assuming ur IC can handle it. im extremely surprised i havent blown the end tanks off my IC yet… ~23 psi out of a green on the stock topmount isnt recommended. :runaway

anyways like i said… both the dubs move out nicely. i was still surprised how well the wrx hung and i think the best race WOULD have been the wrx vs k20 from a 45-50 roll.

what did both dubs trap at anyways?

i wouldnt up my boost im not worried so much about the intercooler as i am the super high temperatures. i went 14.06@104.73 with a 2.48 60ft, about 80* out… super heat soaked

Only cars I raced up in lake george are a full bolt on LT1 z28 which wasnt much of a race and my buddys 08 C6 Z06 with headers…well that one was a given lol.

30R VW’s > * of the cars we went with yesterday and today. :nono

only the opnes equipped with k20’s :crackup

haha, yea my intercooler is maybe a tad bit better but i did manage to run a 14.1 at 104.37 with a 2.419 60ft…

there are may variables for the difference between mine and brett’s car… i have a narrowband ecu (less tunible) junk fmic, heavy 18’s, heavier car in general, not as good flowing manifold… at 15 psi the 3071r and 3076R won’t make that much of a difference at 24psi+ the 3076R should put down about 40-50 more whp… who knows,

all i need is bigger FMIC

oh, heres a quick log to show ya how my ait’s are thru the roof

i raced benny last night from a 40 and got him a solid 2-3 cars that was the first run… after the 3rd and 4th it was getting a much closer and closer race as my ait’s were climbing probably no where near as bad as mk4 30R’s on the stock side mount.

i need a good IC :angry2

i wanted the girl to video tape the runs on my camera… unfortunately we werent able to get it set in time. oh well… still impressed. good runs by all.

word, it was a good time… i’d like to try one run again from a 50~

sure thing… help me find a coolant fill cap and im down… FUCK SUBARU

don’t pull a Big Red on us :lmao

:rofl

Travis go to Advance Auto and get one. Really cheap, who cares what it looks like