Some results of TNT 10/21 today

Was gonna be kinda warm this afternoon but for a few hrs this morning it was somewhat nice.

Finally got the car running again somewhat right and decided to track test it. Since there wasnt that many cars out there today, i got a lot of runs in. I got in 7 before i left but easily could have done 2 more i’d say. it was only 3 when i left and they were open to 4

Started with my base tune i used before and ran 13.37 at 99.67. Not bad i guess considering the weather i knew it was running leaner than before.

So I added a degree of timing to the topend and ran again… 60 footed abit better and went 13.32 at 99.93. Did it help? maybe maybe not. seems like it did help the mid range and maybe a bit of topend.

Added another degree and went 13.366 at 99.73 so maybe it didnt help maybe it was just warmer during that run but i also didnt 60 foot as well. my worst of the day.

so i took out that degree and added abit more fuel and ran my best of 13.28 at 100.67 on a 1.746 60 foot. started getting hotter so my next run was back in the 13.3’s at 99.xx

not bad so far, cant wait for coold weather

First actual dragstrip runs with the new motor…

12.72 @ 110.32 on motor
11.68 @ 117.80 on spray :boink

It was really hot for October 21st that’s for sure.

I was having fuel system problems. Only seem to happen when it’s hot.
Car was losing fuel pressure in third and starting to shut down.
Looks like I got another winter project - new fuel delivery system! :squint:

Quick83Z - Does your 495HP rating include nitrous oxide? How much does your car weigh?

congrats mike that is great for first time out. you still have quite a bit left in the car too!!

495 at the crank on the engine builder’s dyno. Straight headers + probably race gas.

Using my results from yesterday, I can estimate my rwhp.

110mph on motor = 375 rwhp X 1.2 = ~450 crank

117mph on spray = 450 rwhp X 1.2 = ~540 crank

I have never actually weighed my car, but I am estimating around 3600lb with driver.

Thanks Jeff,

I think I do have more in it. My nitrous pressure was only around 925 or so (should be ~1000), and I was having fuel starvation problems at the end of the track.

Winter project - new fuel system! :rolleyes:

Orr89rocz, I always wanted to see your car up close.
on the 21st I only got to see one angle of it… the rear, unfortunatly I didn’t have such good runs but still had a good day.

And if you want to see what you look like from 3 seconds behind, my passenger had a video camera AND has the most still hand I have ever seen, even during my wheel hop

Awesome times guys…nice job representing the 3 gens!!!

was that you that i raced? wish i would have known i would have said hi! I’d love to see the vid

your car has some power just gotta get that launch down.

yeah
2.8 second 60’s = First time @ the track.

It may be awhile before I get the video, but I’ll pm you and post it up on here.

cooool thanks! you’ll get that car running good in no time…just takes time and practice