Someone who can do a small welding job

Looking for someone to who can do a small welding job for me. It’s just a cut and spot weld, but its on an aluminum piece. Willing pay a small fee or bring beer.

I am trying to remove the brass hose fitting on the thermostat housing for my car. I’m not using it anymore, and I’d like to shave it off versus using some sort of end cap. I believe the fitting is brass, but the thermostat housing is aluminum, which is why I’m having a hard time finding someone to do it. I wouldn’t mind leaving a bit of the brass fitting on there if I have to.

Here are pictures. The fitting is the brass colored one that is not taped.

Would like to get it done as soon as possible. Buffalo and surrounding area. Please post or PM. Thanks.

Bump. Would REALLY love to get this done this week.

Anyone know someone?

pm’ed

FYI what people usually do there is pull that out(yes you can pull that out) then tap it and plug it via appropriate sized npt plug.

If you really want it welded you should still pull the fitting out. Then you could trim a small piece of alum to the proper size and have someone tig weld it shut.

or you could just cap it with a rubber cap and hose clamp

imo that looks ghetto. and I stated in the OP that I specifically didn’t want to do that.

anyway, thanks for the pm’s and recommendations I got from a few people. I got in touch with cory (zero5672) and he punched (or pulled idk) the fitting out and welded it shut for me. real nice dude. let me meet him at his work since we lived a good ways apart. anyone who needs work should hit him up.

imo i think that looks a little ghetto

versus a rubber cap with a clamp? okay buddy…

ghetto, haha, it almost looks like part of the casting in “real life”