son240 fantasy hockey?!

hey guys,

not sure how many of you follow hockey that closely but i’m guessing a few of you play fantasy hockey.

i usually join yahoo’s head-to-head leagues and although i haven’t been playing the last 3 years i decided to sign up again this year so i’ve already been through 1 draft but was wondering if there is any interest here to create a league exclusively for son240 members only?

there’s only about a week left so if we get a decent amount of interest i don’t mind setting something up and organizing this.

please be somewhat dedicated though (ie. you should be able to dress your team nightly, whether you dress them daily or pre-dress the players ahead of time), and it would be nice if you could show up for the draft or at least create a draft list for yourself if you can’t make it.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR HAS SUGGESTIONS PLEASE POST ASAP, WE NEED TO GET THIS RUNNING SOONTIME!

for those that aren’t familiar with this setup, here’s a quick summary:

• there is a live draft where everyone takes turns picking their players, date to be negotiated
  • you will be a manager of a team, and compete against another manager every week and compete for categories
  • team size/positions as well as the type of categories to compete for are set when the league is created
  • so basically on any given night some of your players play…you make sure you dress your players for the night and collect stats and try to beat your opponent in each stat category by week’s end
  • category wins translate to 2 pts, losses are none, ties are 1 pt and this ultimately determines where you sit in the standings

I like the office pools hockey pools better than that yahoo shit.
I’d be down for a good ol hockey pool.

a few questions:
Are we betting?
Are there gunna be goalies?
How are we gunna set up the playoffs?

fuck that i don’t have the time to manually organize something right now sorry lol.

the yahoo head-to-head format is actually pretty good for shit talking because basically every week you’d be facing someone different on here so i’m sure we could have a separate trash talk thread going too if we set something up.

yes there would be goalies…typically you draft 2 or 3.

we could bet but let’s leave that out for this year and if it goes well this year we can try to incorporate something for next year…not enough time to coordinate that imo.

in yahoo playoffs is usually set to the last 2 or 3 weeks of the regular season.

once the actual nhl playoffs come around i don’t mind manually setting up a pool for that since i’ll probably have time then.

yahoo head to head is actually awesome skinny, great format and very easy, have my 100% intrest

Ok so I went ahead and just registered a league for now. If there’s no interest I’ll just close it later.

We can constantly make changes to the league settings and also change the date of the draft so for those that are interested post up and let me know of any changes you want.

Here’s what it’s set to so far:

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Sep 27 9:30pm EDT
Max Teams: 18
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 3
Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can’t Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 3
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Faceoffs Lost (FL)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Shutouts (SHO)