Southtowns Connector Protest 9/13 10:00 AM

ehh i lived on rt5 in lackawanna and it would take me for ever to take skyway to get to the 190 it was dumb…

now it they took this down what would they do with the military base

So by adding a ton of traffic lights naturally that will speed things up…

Can someone translate that last sentence into English please?

Sorry, when I read “elevated expressway” I assumed skyway. The points I made are still valid though. You can’t take out the expressway that serves as the major commuter route and replace it with some slow parkway just to force people to look at the waterfront.

Exactly. But the people protesting are the same ones that are against people living in the suburbs. They want to force you to move back to the city and the first step to doing that is making it difficult for you to get to and from work. It’s the same backwards thinking that got cars banned from main street downtown and killed the 800 block.

They can’t even decide what to do with the Peace Bridge. What makes anyone think this will be different? I’m all for taking down the skyway, but let’s face facts: it isn’t going anywhere.

i stopped reading after

On Saturday, September 13, we will hopefully begin to take back our city.

maybe if the the city had a nice waterfront this protest actually might mean something.
but there isnt shit on our waterfront, so why does it matter?
i would much rather see a protest to tear down the ugly ass aud asap!
i cant wait till buffalo is a town, we wont have nearly as many problems

^^^the Aud is scheduled to be torn down next month

You take the skyway to go east?

Anyway, back on topic (not skyway) did anyone actually read anything or look at the cross sections or watch the video?

WNYers are funny, “it may add .8 minutes to my 11.7 minute commute.”
I have sat in traffic about that same distance(2 miles) for about 30 minutes in many other cities.

With the way NY loves to tax the f out of people you would think adding 80 acres in semi-prime to prime real estate back to the tax rolls would be a no brainer.

You could still have the Skyway and have a couple miles of parkway.

My 2 cents.