Official NYSpeed bomb the livery meet thread.

Anyone else been following this?

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?s=8467539

Cliffs:

Old privately owned building on the West side has started falling down. A wall caved in making it unsafe, so neighbors had to evacuate their homes.

Gotta tear it down. Emergency demolition so that the neighbors can go home. Cool.

Wait. It’s Buffalo. People who hold no stake in the situation whatsofuckingever are protesting and going to court to try to force the owner to fix it, all the while the neighbors aren’t allowed to go home. Because it’s “historic.”

I would cheer if some “vandal” just blew it the fuck up.

i love how you can be sued for domolishing a building that you rightfully own, because of a bunch of fucking boo-hoo’ers

and seriously, its the west side. any demolition is progress

We should go fire bomb the protesters houses. That would send a much clearer message that WNY is tired of these assholes.

And while we’re at it, burn down the house of that save the grain elevators guy. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s one of the protesters in this case though.

EDIT:
And if there is any gasoline left we’ll torch the houses of the people trying to stop the Amherst Town Center development.

in

Oh no, someone mention grain elevators… IB4Dozr?

Steel cage surrounding 2 or 3 $100 trade ins that we can drive through the walls and then make a getaway.

Problem solved.

With the price of gas? Unless you’re planning on stealing that from the protesters cars.

got to love buffalo … and people want to know why the city can not turn it’s self around

I’ll bring the garden hose!

don’t even need it… we have a portable gasoline sucker machine (and that’s a technical term) that I would donate to the cause.

Are you serious? Do you know why property codes are in place? To prevent neighborhoods from going to shit. This guy has a ton of property in the area. He doesn’t maintain them. They go to shit. Then the city knocks it down.

Do you know how much it’s going to cost to knock it down?

~$400,000

Guess who pays for that?

Taxpayers. HE IS NOT KNOCKING IT DOWN. He let it dilapidate for decades, then it falls, city pays the demo bill, and he has land he no longer has to pay so much taxes on.

Yes, this building is gone (apparently there are some private investors who may want it which is cool, but it needs to happen fast otherwise it needs to go. It’s too far gone).
but the city needs to enforce building code violations so things like this don’t happen.

neighbors want to save it because they don’t want ANOTHER vacant lot in the area. Vacant lots are shitty and bring down the neighborhood.

so much ignorance in this thread

It seems to me that the time for salvation of the building has passed and the time to allow the neighbors back into their homes as quickly and with as few tax dollars as possible is upon us.

is this place right off of richmond right by summer/richmond?

i remember parking in front of it maybe

Yeah, Richmond and Jersey. Looks like it could have been a cool place. It’s a shame. I understand what coldaccord’s saying. I just think it’s too late.

oh word ya def a cool looking building but really, wtf could be done with it? i mean its historical and all but lets be fucking real for a second here. when was the last time it was inhabited? what could it be made into that would be useful? i dont really think anything unless someone wanted to dump a ton of cash into it and make it into loft apts or something. that would be pretty neat. unlikely, but neat

let the doughnut effect continue i guess. i know im not helping any, but for real, im just a scared little white dude

especially with beasts car getting ganked last night, i was looking for apts on the west side for a while, lots of awesome people live down there, there are a lot of awesome places down there, but… its just not worth the risk to me

Kill dozer?

Sorry Andre, but those shitty old buildings need to go. The land should be turned over to the city though, so they can re-coop funds from the demo and sell it to an investor with the stipulation that build newer housing. People won’t let them go to shit if means the city takes the land from them.

wait, the owner isnt required to pay the demo bill? why the fuck not?

from the way i took the article he would…

The city says it may sue the owner to recover any costs.

The city hasn’t sued the owner for any of the other hundreds of thousands of dollars the demo bills have cost the taxpayers.

Jam; spots were rented out to store cars, so it was occupied until this happened.

its not a trick man, it’s not hard to live in the city and not get your shit jacked. remove your faceplate, have an alarm, and if you want to go the extra mile get off street parking.

Tom: Why would a builder buy vacant land and start a new build for $xxx,xxx when they could buy the place next to it cheap? That only works in areas where land is in high demand. Commercially, it makes sense here. But residentially, we have more housing infrastructure than we need, so new builds can’t justify themselves. It’s a waste of money.

Fry; my argument wasn’t so much that the building should be saved. I think it’s too far gone as well. My beef is that the city needs to start doing something about people who allow this to happen to properties for two reasons.

1. so we don’t have falling down buildings all over the place, replaced by a blank lot that blights up the neighborhood

2. so the taxpayers don’t end up paying for all these fucking demo’s