?! spark blowout? my Z is not doing well

on a car that old, the grounds could be poor causing poor spark, the coils could be worn, the ecu could be setting the wrong dwell time to compensate for a lower or higher resistance in the coils/wires/plugs or all of the above

i would test all the components and then add a MSD or HKS

nothing has ever done better IMO then champion copper plugs, so you KNOW i’m not a brand whore :slight_smile:

you COULD throw a ton of money at the problem, or you could buy cheap copper plugs for under $5 and see if you still have the issue…

:gotme:

:tup: to everyone who said platinums suck in boosted cars, they like to melt. I run autolight plugs in the gtp with the blowtourch M90 and have no problems. But every car is different.

Also, pulling and changeing plugs alot can damage your wires and cause a weaker spark. I say get some new wires and some copper plugs and gap them properly. Then if the problem is still there move on to coils, ect…

I am another voting for copper plugs. I will only put NGK in my DSM. They are tried and true.

He doesn’t have spark plug wires…

pfr6b-11b ngk’s from courtesy nissan. these are recomended everywhere on tt.net and 3zc.com. they are a heat range colder than stock TT plugs. and like josh said check all your coil pack plugs. All the connections on our cars get nasty corrosion with age and can cause poor spark. I chased a similar problem around when i first bought my car.

i meant the MSD after all the checking for dumb stupid issues… not as a bandaid because something is obviously wrong before hand

ugg didnt know that

ill swing by autozone and grab another set of ngk coppers and let you know how it goes. thanks for all the input guys.

Sell the car back to me…problem solved :stuck_out_tongue:

do you have any idea what your afr’s look like? If you have a fuel leak or plugged fuel filter you could be leaning out like crazy and have it break up…

no, im def still running kinda rich. im just fouling out the plugs quickly

:word: to what he says…

pfr6b-11b plugs are more expensive, but worth it…recommended everywhere, ESPECIALLY with bigger turbos/more than stock boost levels…

https://www.amzperformance.com/z32/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=483&category_id=af288cb15f83c8f1d5d2aab034622291&

also, if you’re having trouble with coil packs and/or PTU, i have a spare older style PTU and a few spare coil packs in my garage if you need, the PTU i dont know about, the coil packs are in great shape, i have 5, would like to hang on to a few for myself, so only ask for them if you need them…not if you need spares

i’ve only heard bad things about those platniums

Just use the 1 step colder coppers I got you the first time. Better than platinums any day.