SR20 destroyed!!

cirrus sr20 that is… the airplane that crashed in manhatten today

anyone see it on CNN apparently this fuckin airplane has a parachute that deploys in case of an emergency or engine failure, how the hell did he crash into a building if he had this shit??

http://media.nasaexplores.com/lessons/03-035/images/brs_parachute.jpg

crazy :shock:

That looks gay :puke: :hay:

I hope thats a sarcastic remark. That airplane is top notch and relitively new to none commerical aviation. Its a complete composit air frame.

Andrew.

are your mirrors still sponsord by NGK?

Ya, queer as a three doller bill. I’d much rather fall out of the sky :lol:

The dude must’ve been fucked out of his mind scared or sommat for that to happen… Or he’s a terrorist :noes:

I think it’s all a cover up. He was probably flying unidentified when the comand tower asked him for identification he probably didn’t respond so they shot him down or something. It’s either that or he was flying over New York Mets airspace! GO METS GO!!!.. No offence.

Did everyone miss the bit on the guy still training to get his pilots licence? Planes are a “tiny” bit harder to control than cars, especially ones with such little computer aids as that one. On most modern craft, everything is done by-wire and the onboard computer double checks to make sure you’re not a complete tard. Infact, some require the computer to function correctly. Any fighter for example, is completely unstable and without heavy intervention from the computer you would not be able to fly one at all.

the cirrus planes are at the high end of small aircraft.

the parachute systems tehy use can be modified to fit into most small craft.

the parachute is manually deployed by the pilot, shot through the rear window with a small explosive charge and bolted securely to the frame of the plane in MANY points.

has saved quite a few lives in teh few years its been certified for use.

dont knock small planes, or i’ll kick your ass.

Bryan