SRT-4 Neon Need some links

Any owners on here or maybe someone can give me some of the better links.

Found many sites, but didnt see any that really got into showing mods and timeslips.

Also, does anyone have any experience with any local dodge dealers in the area. Reason I ask: If you buy mopar stage kit and have them install it they will cover everything and not void warranty.

www.srtforums.com. This site has every thing you need.

ya www.srtforums.com or the one i use- www.turbododge.com

Thanks… those are two I didnt know about.

srtforums.com is about the best place for info. There’s alot of BS on there too, but if you know what your doing with a turbo car and ignore the idiots, then you can pick up some good tips.
BTW, my SRT went 13.30 on stock tires with less than $500. (old buick tricks)Hit me up if ya need any info/help.

i can get you a good contact at a Dodge dealership!! my uncle is VP of Ron Lewis Automotive group, he does all the ordering and that fun stuff… send me a PM if you need to get in touch with him

Wow, I’m impressed. That’s pretty decent. :bigok:

Thanks! You know how turbo cars are…make it breath better and add boost, and they respond well. The only thing I hate about the SRT is tricking the stock ECM into doing things it doesn’t want to do. The Buicks are much easier in that area.

I blew the tranny out of the GN. I don’t think the stock 200r4 like 26psi on alky :bash: lol So now I have some time to try and trick the SRT into doing other things it doesn’t like to do. lol

Whitey, does that apply to me as well!? :x: I may need some parts from Mopar performance soon. :kiss: :bigthumb:

he would be glad to help anyone out I am sure!

I need help going 13.3’s for only 500 bucks. Please share your info with me.

just jump back in ur T/A!!! :cool:

Thats the problem… lots of junk and bs to sort through. Pretty much just checking out peoples signatures and trying to see whats most popular mods for these cars. Please let me know some of the upgrades you have. From what i’ve been reading the 04’s are really rich on the tune and cranking boost up to 17-20 is common??

Pretty impressive times on stock tires!!

Did you hop alot of the line?? Now that I’ve got about 400 miles on it, I started to drive it a little harder. Also, do you have your radials on original wheels or did you get aftermarket rims… looking to find some cheapies to put on for track duty.

I bought an extra set of factory 17’s and bought BFG Comp TA drag radials 205/40/17. I need motor mounts bad.

02 Trans Am Ram Air M6
some bolt ons
TR230/224 576/563 111LSA
11.86@117.55 1.69 60’ 4.10’s

Dude, you call are car with a cam “some bolt ons”?

First, I want to make clear that doing this can be extremely dangerous to your motor. I don’t want to give the impression that this is in anyway easy or safe. I had the car hooked up to a laptop/data-logger to monitor knock/spark advance/and EGT’s. This is also assuming you have an 04 with S1 injectors. No way I would try this on an 03. Now my disclaimers out of the way :burnout:

Here’s a list.
3" DP, no cat >$200 (dump under car)
Garrett/AGP wastegate $150
K&N in the stock box $30
Map Clamp >$10
Turbo blue

Now tricking the ECM. The S0 computer considers anything over 16psi as overboost. If 16psi is sustained long enough, the ECM will pull boost/timing and throw a code possibly going into “limp” mode.
To get around this:
Unplug and cap the TIP line going into the cold IC pipe.
Set a MAP clamp to 17psi. I think the voltage is 5.2 for 17 psi, but consult the SRTforums on this. There is a chart with the voltages as well as directions on how to build the clamp. that’s easier than me typing it.
Bypass the WG selonoid by plumbing the WG into the green line, and set boost. I was running 20psi, but you do what you want.

Now you have complete control of boost, and no control on fuel. At this point EGT’s are screaming and A/F should be in the mid 13’s. Remember the ECM thinks it’s fueling 16psi. YOU MUST HAVE GOOD FUEL. You will detonate without it. The data logger showed 2*'s of knock in fourth through the traps. I turned boost to 19 after that. I haven’t been to the track since then to double check the data.

I wouldn’t run on the street like this, and I would only try it on a cold night. I just wanted to see how far I could go at the track for little $. If you ever want to try it, hit me up and I’ll bring the data logger to throw on your car. If you have DR’s, you should be able to run a little quicker.

I just put on the Energy Suspension mounts. Don’t waste your money, wheel hop is just as bad as stock. Well, if you want to waste it I’ll sell you mine cheap! :rofl: Screw the vibration…I think I’m going with dogbones.

How do you like the Comp TAs? What did they do for your 60’ times?

Oh yeah, for my above post…a 2.0 60’ and WOT shifting is a must!!

From what I’ve been reading, new mounts have helped alot of people… I see there are two types ( just inserts or whole new one??) and cant remember which one people said made a difference.

Yes, I have an 04 model. All 04’s have s1 injectors, correct. Could you pm me your number as I would like to see that datalogger setup you have.

thanks Bob