SRT4 Hungry!!!

http://www.hybridconnection.com/gallery/srt4wheel.jpg

http://www.hybridconnection.com/gallery/srt4wheel1.jpg

http://www.hybridconnection.com/gallery/srt4wheel2.jpg

Stage 3 SRT-4 that ate it’s exhaust wheel.

Stock or aftermarket turbo?

whose stage 3 is that??? and do they still have the stock turbo and mani???

how did that happen???

^^^^its the stage three…after market mopar(still coverd under warrenty)

what is the blue thing on the commpressor side?

bov / bypass valve, depending on what u wanna call it

hybrid needs a “gallery of carnage” … a display case next to the door, where the one rack is, put each piece in there with a short description of how the owner managed to cause the destruction

its not a bov nick…it is a bypass valve, im pretty sure it works slightly differant :gotme: though

its not a bov nick…it is a bypass valve, im pretty sure it works slightly differant :gotme: though

:tup: i likey

It’s rumored that the porting done to the Stage 3 manifold/housing combo isn’t too great, and it weakens the inside of the runners causing flakes to come loose and go into the turbine wheel, which gives you the above result.
The interesting fact is this happened at the shop where he got his alignment done, as when he got the car back he brought it here saying it wasn’t making boost at all anymore.

I second that…

1. Once Intake Cam Gear Missing Teeth
  2. One Exhaust Cam Gear Missing Teeth
  3. Once Crank Angle Sensor Chewed Up
  4. One Crank Timing Chain Gear
  5. 4 Rockers with Various Missing Parts
  6. Two Bent Rocker Shafts
  7. Two Bad Cams
  8. 8 Bent (Compound Bends) Exhaust Valves
  9. 4 Bent Intake Valves
  10. Trashed Crank Angle Sensor Plate
  11. Stretched Timing Chain
  12. Bent/Broken Valve Guides
  13. Chewed Up Timing Chain Guide
  14. Stretched Head Studs
  15. Head Gasket With Missing Areas
  16. Shattered Ego…
  17. Bunch of Various Other Broken Shit…

this can be displayed with a tv in the corner, playing numerous short clips of owners crying , bashing their heads on the counter, as they sign the work order with a long list of parts for their rather new car that has VERY new block windows

and oh yea, name the area the “I did all the work myself museum of carnage”

then right next to it, a small display case, with like a broken socket and a cracked wrench, name that “carnage cause by hybrid”

yea that doesnt sound a little fishy…it was more like “yo bob, lets take this thing out to see how good the alignment is…uh oh…why isnt it making boost anymore, o well, this kid knows the guys at the hybrid place, im sure that lee guy can weld him sumthin up” :lol:

was the stage 3 under warrenty, and if it was did he get it replaced or did he have to buy a new center section?

Number 17 in Hybrid Shelf o Carnage
1 BMW ///M Motor…Courtesy of the Money Shift

The car probably was under warranty, as there is only like 15-17k miles on it, but the owner just bought a new center section, and looks like he is probably going to have to get a replacement manifold/exhaust housing piece as well.

the m motor had to be sent in for the core charge

but i think they have the 350z engine, and i think somone mentioned it would become a coffee table, lol

i know it had to be sent for a core…:slight_smile: stupid cores…but they could have yanked out teh tin foil pistons

well i know of a stock turbo and mani setup on neons.org right now for 265$…if that helps at all

why doesnt he just go thru the warrenty?

We are trying to find a suitable option to replace the stock type manifold/housing, as the more we read about it, it is prone to cracking everywhere.

Not sure why he didn’t go thru warranty. The car is far from stock elsewhere, and it gets the piss beaten out of it every second of its life.