Stainless or Aluminum 1" Square Tube

I am looking for either free scrap from some company that doesn’t care if it goes away, or I will pay fair value to get my hands on it.

I need to get the following lengths. I know I will have to purchase some from a commercial supply house based on lengths, but the cheaper I can do this the better.

4 - 8’ to 10’ lengths (8 is good, but a little cramped, 9’ is perfect, 10’ is big and spacious)

14 - 2’ lengths

4 - 3’ lengths

Let me know if you have anything or a good heads up on where I can get it for the best price. Also, lengths do not have to be exact as I can easily cut down anything that is 2" over or whatever.

I can’t help you with square but you might want to mention what wall thickness you need.

The wall thickness is not to huge of a concern as this is just a cooking station supporting a bit of weight but not overkill. at MAX Capacity which it will never hit, there will be 600 lbs. of weight spread out on it, and the frame will be well reinforced.

That said, I have still been looking at using the heavier wall tube just for durability in the long run. I would guess that 1/8" will be enough overkill to make me happy although i would settle for 1/16".

I know I have TONS of Aluminum Square stock at my work, unsure of the size, but it would be $1/lb to buy it. I’ll check tomorrow on dimensions for you.

You can call me 548-0610 if you have some. I will swing out and get it whenever.

I would really prefer Stainless as this is a food environment, but aluminum will work as everything will be in sealed stainless kettles and will not be able to become contaminated. I just do not want rust!!

Mike

LOL, no problem, I feel like I’ve had this conversation with someone before, but:

Iron RUSTS

Aluminum OXIDIZES!!!

Sorry, lol

Whats the price for stainless from your work?

Depends on the grade, I believe 304 would be around $1-1.25/lb, I’ll have to ask, don’t quote me, but we just shipped out a 20k lb load of SS last week, so it is slim pickin’ for SS ATM.

Where do you work Draftin?

I know, that is why I chose alum. not steel. It was my second choice of material to stainless for its ability to handle harsh environment.

1" square x .125 wall : Aluminum 6061 - T6

(4) Qty @ 8’ = $100.44 ($25.11 each)

(14) Qty @ 2’ = $83.72 ($5.98 each)

(4) Qty @ 3’ = $45.92 ($11.48 each)

Total = $236.13 (not including NYS tax)

-OR-

1" square x .125 wall Aluminum 6063 T63

(4) @ 21’ =$143.80 ($35.95 each) & cut your own sizes

1" square x 11 gauge (1/8) wall Stainless Steel 304

(4) Qty @ 8’ = $197.04 ($49.26 each)

(14) Qty @ 2’ = $191.94 ($13.71 each)

(4) Qty @ 3’ = $98.80 ($24.70 each)

Total = $493.83 (not including NYS tax)

-OR-

1" square x .120 wall Stainless Steel 304

(4) Qty @ 21’ = $227.20 ($56.80 each) & you cut your own size.

i have a HUGE sheet of SS 304 sheet metal for the top

That would be cool, but it is not for a bench. It is a 3 burner automated brewing system. The whole top will be open with large pots on top of the burners.