Where to buy steel tubing locally

I’m looking for some square steel tubing. 2"x2"x4’ lenghts. Somewhere around .125" wall thickness would be good.

I need to make a PERFECTLY flat table that is relatively rigid and strong, and lumber just isn’t getting the job done.

metal supermarkets - https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/buffalo/ Where I normally go as they have no min and are easy to deal with.

What he said. Just don’t use the website. Either give them a call, send them a fax or stop in. Apparently the website is yet another third party and the website prices are higher than the store itself charges. Guy behind the counter told me that. They’re very reasonable and they have pretty good selection. When you show up, they have a scrap/cut-off section you can peruse as well. Get a pretty decent deal on that stuff.

How many 4’-0" pieces are you looking for?

^ 7. Would like to make a 4x8 table, 16" on center.

Would also need a couple larger pieces to tie it all together.

What are you using the table for?

Check with Klein steel. They should have that in stock.

A casting table. I will check those places out, but near work for me.

Thanks!

-Revised-

For (7) Qty 4" sq x 11ga @ 4’-0" = 180.88 Lbs

= $0.871/Lbs (+ tax) or $5.625/Ft (+ tax)

1-2 days
You pick-up

I ended up going to metal supermarkets on my way home from work. Great experience. Thanks for the advice!

Awesome. Did you get it cheaper than $0.87 / lbs ?

Yea, my total for the 2x2" was $128.

I also got some additional, wanted 4x4x.125", they were buried and not long enough, so ended up with 3x4x.25" but they only charged me for the 4x4x.125".

All said and done I got 28’ of 2x2x.125 and 25’ of 3x4x.25" for $286