Steelers - tonight

agreed… i’d always call batch over ‘the gun’.

no, someone picked St.Pierre up a few weeks ago. i forget who tho. but by now, we might be able to pick him up again if they dont have him on the roster anymore. i would imagine they got him to fill-in for an injury, so he might be around again, not sure whats going on for sure.

good game to watch, glad to see we could pull it out. there were a few bull-shit calls, but whatever.

I thought I heard that Randle El would be the backup QB.

bring back Levchek (sp) woot!

Yeah I heard it was Batch, then Maddox (when hes done bein hurt) then Randle El

only as an emergency…such as if somehow batch wouldve gotten hurt also last night, then El wouldve been next in line.

i remembered that it was the Ravens who signed St.Pierre. and steelers will have to sign someone if maddox and ben r out. i dunno if the ravens dress st.pierre or what, so if hes just on their practice squad now, then we might be able to sign him again as the backup.

best monday night game in a while. go stillers!

hyperextention w/ a bruise. its not as bad as we thought…also maddox can practice tommorow so he isn as hurt as ppl thought…plus we signed Rod Rutherford to the practice squad…he is immediatley the coolest guy ever on our practice aquad…of all time.

batch will prob start tho, sunday

<---- huge rutherford fan. Glad to see him get back in it even if it is just the practice squad. I think larry got all the credit that was half his.

-no comment

any predictions for sundays game???

Rod put the ball in places that made larry look good cause only larry could get it and the fans were like “look how great larry is” Rod’s passes were not bad that larry had to get them, they were where they were for the same reason lynn swann made great catches, because bradshaw put them where only swann could get em. Rod is only held back be his own intelligence, he’s not a sharp guy and he’s not a great as athlete as vick that his skills overcompensate for his stupidity. he does have a lot of physical talent and if he could get a grasp of the offense could be an asset. Other might not like him cause he never lived up to the hype but he’s hometown and his reasons for going to pitt is what its all about " i wanna stay home and play for my city and my family" His senior year i blame the coaching staff at pitt for his downfalls. he was 30 lbs overwieght and the ND and WVU games the year before left a bad taste in his mouth. If you remember he fumbled in the WVU game and threw a pick in the ND game when he was tryin to get rid of the ball. Coaches drilled it in to his head and therefore he took too many sacks cause he was hesitant to run and running was one thing he was great at ( ask johnathan vilma bout that one). you get rod down to 220 instead of 250 he was his senior year, the guy could do a number of things to help out a football team and not just at the QB position. Anyway he got a job and thats good for him

i dont think that ben will play reguardless of his health before the game on sunday. i know coaches want to win every game and there is not one game more important than another. although i do think having a healthy QB later in the season takes precident over beating jacksonville in the 6th game of the season but thats not to say we can not win without roethlisberger. i think charlie batch or tommy maddox can easily manage a game well enough to win.

so my prediction is that there is no one person bigger than the team when it comes to pittsburgh. as long as we have the majority of the core players healthy we will be alright.

now heres my question: HINES WARD is HURT, am i the only one notices this? when he caught that long ball last night, he limped really bad as he ran after the catch. i personally belive this is someone that the steelers can not be without for a very long period of time.

Jimmy

Rods cool, i like him, he’s very good. i wouldnt go as far as to discredit larry tho. thats all i’m sayin

anyways i hope they rest ben. i dont think its a bad idea to play batch this week. of course every game is meaningful but we have 2 division games coming up after this week, so i think i’d rather sit ben for the week and hopefully he’ll be ready for the ravens the following week.

i agree Ward’s leg injury was appearant. they said hes was a game-time decision for monday night, so he’s obviously hurting. i hope he gets better this week cause like u said, we need him.

i wasn’t tryin to discredit larry at all, i just think that Rod got no credit for larry

get out of here. after the jacksonville game we have a whole slew of AFC North games. We havent even played a divisional game yet. Ben will sit vs. Jacksonville. And Ward will be ok. He looked amazing on that one catch where he was down, then got up and ran it in for the TD… and then they called it back.