stock/aftermarket fpr Q

Hey guys… just wondering if all you guys out there using aftermarket fpr’s such as nismo,sard,megan…etc… if ur original regulator is still connected?? i’ve just heard from a few people who never removed there’s and there having no problems…
thankss

hmm if you wanna avoid any portencial problems , just remove oem replace with Aftermarket. And set aftermarket to oem pressure of 37psi. Why you need afpr anyway?

Disconnect your stock regulator, Nismo makes a FPR adapter you can get from the site FRSPORT.com . Then set that regulator in the 40psi range. Well actually that mostly depends on what engine you have and what not but most fuel injected cars seem to be around taht number.

Yes sppoximating fuel pressure is great for the longevity of a turbo chaged motor.:roll:

Put it to stock, Both pressures you got were wrong its 43.4 PSI for a KA, SR, basicly every nissan motor

Wow Rob you got a real attitude man, you should loosen up a bit. And 40 PSI is what I was told by Autodream to put mine to so if you wanna argue go talk to them.

Yes sppoximating fuel pressure is great for the longevity of a turbo chaged motor.:roll:

Put it to stock, Both pressures you got were wrong its 43.4 PSI for a KA, SR, basicly every nissan motor[/quote]

thanks rob !

Put it to stock, Both pressures you got were wrong its 43.4 PSI for a KA, SR, basicly every nissan motor[/quote]
WHERE ARE U GETTING THAT # FROM?. KA OEM PRERSSURE IS 36-37PSI AND WITH WALBRO ITS 41-42PSI. 43.4PSI THATS FILTHY RICH

WHERE ARE U GETTING THAT # FROM?. KA OEM PRERSSURE IS 36-37PSI AND WITH WALBRO ITS 41-42PSI. 43.4PSI THATS FILTHY RICH[/quote]

From the KA FSM. Its the same on the SR FSM as well
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7417/fprkr7.png

And the fuel pump will not change fuel pressure as it does not regulate the pressure at all. That is the regulators job and since walbro does not supply you with a new regulator fuel pressure will not change. there will just be alot more fuel flowing through the regulator :partyman:

thanks for info , iguess i got a bit confused.
Without vac line its 36psi and ones vac line added goes to 43ps.
But walbro does overpower oem regulator abit, as soon as it was installed i had to crank down fuel pressure by few psi my idle went from 15.2 a/f at idle to 12.2 a/f .Maybe oem is to restricted for high flow pumps.