Stock Saab Viggen Dyno - Holler at the torque

This is Chris’s (soloIIscoob) bone stock 99 Saab Viggen. I was definitely impressed by the torque. 259 lb/ft peak and it has a very broad powerband. He said torque steer is pretty bad in the lower gears since it has an open diff, but on the highway I bet it cruises very nicely.

http://www.innovativetuningdl.com/dyno/pulls/CYoungSaab1.9.06.gif

Thumbs up for a very nice ride. 2.3L turbo. Comes stock with a FMIC.

-Mike

He’s my buddy. Impressive TQ numbers for sure but isn’t the Saab trademark the low rpm torque?

Pretty nifty for an Opel Vectra, eh? :tup:

nice!

Wow, very impressive. My old man drives one, maybe I should run him next year! :slight_smile:

the viggens are infamous for the torque steer. nice graph.

Yea Matt I’d say low end torque is pretty typical of their turbo cars, same as VW. According to Chris it uses the same turbo that’s on a WRX. With 2.3L of displacement and 18 psi no wonder the torque comes on so strong and early.

You didn’t even rev it out past 6… Shame on you.

i love viggens. very sweet cars. very original choice. two thumbs up in my opinion. and since my opinion matters so much, the tq steer is a bitch and i wish it didnt exist on this car. NEW DIF and mod that bitch! and the viggen blue is hot too.

Wow. I’ve liked those Viggens for a while. I didn’t realize they had that much grunt though. Very nice.

audios - it’s blue and he’s modding it heavily. :slight_smile:

hurray for saab tuning!!! i have the 2.0 turbo in my '95 900. i hear ya on the torque steer issue, but you get used to it. it’s a blast to take turns in second gear and exit smoking the inside front. i have actually managed a bit of spin in turns in third a few times too.

I can’t wait to see the results of tuning this car. there is a lot of potential. It is funny, if you look into tuning second generation 900s/93s, there seems to be more out there for the 2.0t vs. the 2.3t. what are the plans??

oh BTW, this was my desktop for while a few months back

Very impressive.

My mom’s got a '95 9-5 Auto. Pretty sure that is the 2.0T motor, and that bitch has some move to it, especially for it’s size. The 9-5 is a pretty good sized car. A lot of nasty torque steer too though.

I miss driving my slob
It was fun
A 91 with the 2.3t
Heavy as hell but could spin em from a 30 roll in 2nd
and was awesome on the thurway

viggens are hot
theres a 01 red one on autotrader for around 15.

cant wait to see this car locally…i love the rarity of it. what are the plans for it? there are two really good tuners for these but both are over seas. it has also been a while since i researched it so maybe there has been development? sweet

joe

Friggen Viggen :tup:

I know halas had his eye out for one a while back, maybe this will convince him to ditch the pimpin’ lincoln. :lol:

X…

I’m sure Chris would comment, but he was banned a while ago

He’s planning to get parts from overseas. He also said nobody tunes these in the US.

Killer cool cars, always loved them…very impressive.