stratus scheduled maintence?

Well…my mother has a 1999 Dodge Stratus and she is starting to rack up the miles on it. Currently it has around 110,xxx miles on it and she wants some work done to it, can anyone with shopkey look up the scheduled maintence for me? thanks!

-Anthony

it’s nowhere on the internet?

Owners manual?

don’t have time to search. i’ve been uber busy

hmm good question…i’ll ask if she has it lol

the only scheduled maintenance she should be doing on it is putting up a for sale sign lol. Those cars are nightmares, my mom used to have one. Id call the dealer or get the owners manual.

had she done regular service to the car over its life? the biggest issue with these cars is changing the trans fluid/filter regularly.

my mom has a cirrus. no issues and regular maintenance has been done… partly cause i hassle her about it. :slight_smile:

Brian

It’s about due for another timing belt and tensioner, that’s for sure. Every 60k it should be done. That’s probably the most important thing to worry about right now.

I’m actually doing this very soon, according to her the transmission has been slipping so I’ve been wanting to change the filter and fluid.

When I ran the salvage yard business, we used to sell a SHITLOAD of stratus motors of that vintage.

yea man the trannys in these cars are crap, my mom babied the shit out of hers and had to have it rebuilt twice.

Be warned, changing the fluid and filter may not help if its slipping.

the trannies arent that bad. they could use a few key upgrades that sonnax offers but the real reason they fail all the time is that NO ONE does the proper maintenance and they cant handle it. now back in 87 everyone was putting the wrong fluid in the 4-speed (dex/merc rather than ATF+3 and +4) and that killed them and some might still be doing that but the real reason is maintenance.

i know many folks that have 180k+ on the 4-speed and all they do is change the fluid and filter every year whether it needs it or not. i had one in a kcar hooked to a 3.0L sohc for a while.

brian

yes i know…but if it’ll help then cheap fix ftw.