Major automotive maintenance

My car is at 82,XXX miles now and I’m starting to think that at 90kmi I’m going to need to do some serious maintenance. I’m thinking belts, water pump, replace plugs, new coolant, possibly coolant system flush? Something you guys would recomend? I asked at Audi and they said I dont need to switch to a different kind of oil, the one I use now is fine, no need for that high mileage jazz. What else is typical that needs to be done to cars at around 90 kmi?

What does your users manual say, brainiac?

+1. Search Vortex too.

/Thread.

Since when are belts, coolant ect major maintenance stuff?

Parts needed…

Lit ciggerate

Lighter fluid

a long string

a camera

Make $$

Done with same materials…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Shady195/MVC-006S.jpg

:ninja

i actually dont have one. didnt come with the car. i only have the little book that tells me how to use the radio and what buttons do what.

i figured at 90 kmi i’d have to do major maintenance to the car. is 90 not enough for major stuff?

:facepalm

Then call your friendly neighborhood Audi service writer and see what Audi recommends for 90k service. Then perform those maintenance items.

The scent of fail is looming strongly in this thread. Like a trucker fart.

Oh yeah, be sure to freak out in an irrational fashion when a tech leaves a pair of pliers under your hood.

90k :

do
timing belt
OEM tensioner
serp belt
obviously coolant
waterpump
thermostat
new G12 coolant
if youre chipped, BKR7E plugs NGK 4644’s if not, stock plugs will suffice

for Oil Castrol syntec 5w-40 or mobil 0w-40 will work too, other brand 5w-40s will work but they are expensive
other than that, if its not broke, dont fix it.

I havent done any of that shit with my xB, its at a little under 150k, however with your Audi, and my VW I just bought, you gotta do that stuff, or it will fall apart haha. Go to Langan and see if they can get you the book that was supposed to some with your car.

look on google, you should be able to find a PDF file for a maintenance schedule for your car.

i just told you what needs to be done. dumb russian.

and walt. my toyota is original timing equipment, almost 193k on it.

Gotta love the 90k mark, its a $1200 bill from audi

is there anything i need to look into along the lines of transmission maintenance at this point?

haha hell yeah man, im not going to do any of the maintenace shit, ill hit 200k with no problems, and no maintenance, after 200k every mile is gravy man

thats what i heard too. im trying to keep the car in the best possible shape i can. i really like it and i want to keep it for a while. we’ve had cars that were not maintained well and they were falling into pieces close to 100k and they werent worth the money we had to put in em. i dont have a problem doing maintenance, if it needs to be done, then ill go get it done. i talked to Travis at the dealership and he informed me that he still uses the regular factory oil in his 2.7T and hes got a LOT more miles on his than me, plus he drives his car very hard.

MK4 30R: im also wondering about turbos. i know if they start making that police siren sound or the dentist drill(imminent failure) theyre done. I dont seem to find a typical amount of miles where they go, it just varies so much from car to car. Is it all basically because of the driver? is it worth looking into better oil lines for mine or just wait till theyre done and just buy new k04s and new lines then?

if youre gonna pull the engine to change oil lines, you better have new turbos going on too. but you have an auto, so you cant do much as far as power is concerned… VW uses “liftetime” fluid in the gear boxes and diffs too. so unless you blew it up, or the seals are shot you shouldnt have to worry about it

Lots of companies use ‘lifetime’ fluids in the tranny/diffs, but it’s usually shot by 100k.

I know my 325’s ‘lifetime’ tranny fluid hadn’t been changed and it was nasty

i figured 90kmi is a lot of miles to put on the fluid there, so it might be a good idea to refresh that. maybe use the royal purple stuff in the drivetrain? or just buy some OEM stuff and pour that in? im pretty sure its rather dirty by now.