2005 Imola Yellow Audi B6 S4 6MT

Gone but not forgotten.

Were chains done on this or any recent maintenance?

Chains have not been done. They don’t make any concerning noises and it only has 75K. No other recent maintenance other than the oil change, 4-wheel alignment and the motor/transmission mounts.

Yep I figured lol not getting myself into another one of these unless maintenance is up to date learned the first time lol GLWS seen u cursing at h2oi car looked good

Are the chains maintenance at 75k? What other maintenance do you think should be done on a 75k car?

It’s not so much the chain fails it’s the chain tensioner/guides that fails, I believe u have to pull motor also it’s a 2k doller job with urself doing labor LOL, something to look out for its Audi recommended at 80k I believe although some people I know have 100k and they haven’t done it yet , depends how motor was taken care of like I said GLWS it’s a clean car

Diff/transmission oil, brake and PS fluid, and coolant would be maintenance for a 75k mile car. I really like this thing. I could use a newer car but I have a stupid eclipse I’ve been trying to sell.

Any interest in a 97 A4 1.8TQM as a partial trade? It has 125k, APR 2.5" exhaust and stage 2 tune, Neuspeed 19mm rear sway bar w/ reinforcement brackets, S4 front bar, FCP control arm kit, 034 FSI coils and ICM delete kit w/ fresh plugs and valve cover gasket going on in a few days. Great winter beater, body isn’t perfect but no rot. Well maintained and I have a ton of spare parts and performance stuff I haven’t thrown on yet. I have 3 sets of wheels too so it could be set up differently, one set has studded hakka 5s with 1 winter.

These 4.2’s are deff troublesome with that Rear Timing system. A quick way to tell is on cold startup. If u hear chatter for a quick second after it fires it needs to be done. No noise means it wasnt booted to 5k at every light lol. GLWS car looks nicee.

If it is only for a second at start up it could still be fine for a long time. It needs oil pressure for tension I believe. The system itself is a nightmare, just horribly over engineered. Frequent oil changes ie: 3-5k help keep it in good shape and many people run past 100k without a problem.

Biggest thing is getting it done as soon as there are serious symptoms so you don’t destroy the valves in one of the heads.

The water cooled alternator in these are a headache too. Plus there are the coil packs and O2 sensors that like to go. But it is an Audi.

You can’t touch an 05 STi or EVO for anywhere near $13k with 75k miles. This car isn’t as fun to drive as those but it has a great interior and ride compared to them. This one has quality mods too and if you are looking for a comfy DD with some snot it is a good choice. Just be prepared for the maintenance costs.

For some reason I really like this car a lot, it has to be a blast to drive a 6spd mated to a v8

Love these cars for a “fun” daily driver that’s awd and doesn’t get the boy racer stigma

This X 1000.

Thanks fellas. Had quite a bit of interest. Nobody with cash. Lets do this.

Sale Pending