thinking buying used. halp please! brett, nick attn:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=292774293&dealer_id=65965377&car_year=2001&doors=&systime=&model=A4&search_lang=en&start_year=2000&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=used&distance=100&min_price=0&drive=&rdm=1297341367335&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=74771&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2005&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=Automatic&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&address=12309&color=BLACK&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=8000&color2=&awsp=false&make=AUDI&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=73&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

what do u guys think?

pros-

cons-

it has to be black and auto and want AWD. its not for me and i dont want to pay anything more than 6k. this one has everything and a clean carfax.

102,000 miles but all logged on car fax. body looks clean but have yet to look at it in personl

what should i look for in terms of maintanence things. timing chain, turbo, oil in intercooler, brakes…what else?

No timing chain on a 1.8t its a belt.

i knew that haha. i was just saying for instance.

My 1.8t was awesome. Make sure timing belt + water pump (metal impeller) was done at 80kmi or so.

Like u said ask when timing belt, water pump, thermostat has been done. When you drive it listen for clunks in front end, all 8 control arms go bad all the time. Also listen for humming because wheel bearings go bad too.

I had the same car. Bought it at 82k, right after it hit 100 everything started to go to shit. I wouldn’t buy one with over 100k, they are pricey to fix. Cam tensioner went on mine which was tbe final straw, and that’s when I traded it in.

im going to call and see if he can tell me about the car more and what has been replaced.

ehh even in stock form the tip tronic trans isnt to fantastic.

maintenance, and service records are KEY.

seats are prone to ripping from the faux leather used. same goes for the arm rest. which also like to break.

i wouldnt pay more than 4250 for that

good looking out.

anyone know of any in the area or semi close that are pristine with low miles for 6 or less?

double post

How much for your e36 assuming you find one? I dont want to be a tdi buddy lol

^ reading owns you. Nice seeing how weed doesnt effect anything :lol

:facepalm

:facepalm @ myself. Shit. lol

its ok. M3 isnt for sale unless i can make some money on it. make me an offer lol

Don’t get it. That thing is a maintenance trap waiting to happen.