Stuck Rim

I’m trying to do a brake job on my car, but the front passenger rim is stuck to the hub. I have tried pb blaster and a hammer, but it won’t budge. I even let the jack down and the weight of the car won’t break it loose. I guess I may driving slowly with the lugs loose, but I wondered if anyone had any better tricks to try. :confused:

kick the bottom of it,that usually works

Liquid wrench?

If that doesn’t work you have to hit it with a BFH from the back side.

sledge to the back of the rim

kicking it doesn’t work and pb blaster is equivalent to liquid wrench. Looks like I am just going to have to beat the hell out of it. The weird thing is the car is only 1 1/2 years old and the rims were off in october. I hate winter!!

my mothers cavelier does the same thing…everytime i pull the wheels its a bitch…and it seems worse on the passenger side

Originally posted by sonic03snake
If that doesn’t work you have to hit it with a BFH from the back side.

doesnt always work… used sledge and broke chunks of rotor off before. took 3 men and a 6’ long prybar and a torch to get the damn rotor off.

take a BFH like sonic said.i had that problem with a wheel that was stuck on a laser i was ripping apart,i hit it once with a 7lb sledge i think it was and it popped right off

If it is an alloy wheel put a chunk of wood against the lip of the rim. Then simply beat the shit out of it. If it’s a steel wheel, skip the wood step if you desire. They can be bitches but hammers are always better.

Also make sure you take all the lug nuts off first.

instead of kicking it you could try to hit the bottom of the rim/tire with another rim/tire and it should knock it off, always worked for me

Do your first idea…leave the lugs a lil loose and move the car back and forth slowly and slam on the brakes…my bro has to do this all the time with his car.

try pulling harder you puss :smiley:

Originally posted by Cutty
try pulling harder you puss :smiley:

Bite me midget!:mad: