summer is almost here..anyone like to grill?

just picked this up from home depot:http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/044376277970_4.jpg

the picture supplied by home depot isnt exactly the same

Charmglow All Stainless Steel with Sideburner
Model 720-0230

price:$349

this grille is amasing. If your looking for a GOOD grill take my advise and go get this one if you can find it in stock. This is the only grill i could find that was completely stainless steel even the hardware and drip tray. also this grill is built exactly the same as the $800 ducane right in front of it. cant wait to use it.

It’s like the Delorean of grills. Looks quite hot. :tup:

:tup: I love cooking out on teh grill in the summer.

I think they have the same one a Target for $299.00 i seen it there on friday.

elz

Not bad… I’ll let Mike (TPGSR) post the grill that we cook on during the summer.

Nice grill.
Who needs summer, I cook outside all year.:slight_smile:

Not a bad looking grill. I need to buy a new one. Mine is looking pretty rough after just 2 summers. I love grilling. During the summer I make everything on the grill.

:word:

Nice grill. :tup:

Grill us up some good eats at the shop with that

I find that Weber Grills are the best choice for grills.
Decent buy though, on your part.

i love to grill hotdogs and hamburgs .

just got a new grill myself, cant wait to start summer cookouts:headbang:

:wink:

The grill i picked up two years ago is this one (well, minor cosmetic differences)
http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/07117691000?layer=comp&wid=190&hei=190&fmt=jpeg&qlt=75,0&op_sharpen=0&resMode=norm&op_usm=0.5,1.0,0.0,0

It is 66,000 BTU on the 6 main burners, has a 12,000 BTU Side burner, and a 13,000 BTU Rotisserie back burner. I have about 1000Sq.in. on the main grill rack, and about 100 more on the upper rack. Oh, and it has a slider tray to place over the main burner on low for smoking. Cost $1000

Needless to say i burn through a propane tank every 1-2 weeks all summer long. Sometimes more if I am smoking pork, or slow cooking large pieces of meat overnight.

Eventually I will be replacing this one with a Viking of about the same size, but much higher quality. ~$3500
http://www.vikingrange.com/outdoor/outdoor_images/53gasgrill_large.jpg

Viking is where its at. Good plans!

I’ll stay out of this thread though.

Not a bad price, but good luck with parts.

Exactly. I just made some hotdogs on my parents weber. Grilling is the best form of cooking right next to deep frying

Vikings rule, The ones with the sear plate knock my socks off.

I love grilling… but UGH… propane… yes it’s easier… but it sure doesn’t taste better. I heart my good ole webber. It sucks kuz at my apartment I really cant use it because it’ll get stolen and I cant really store it inside.
Oh wellz… Looks like I"ll Just have to be happy w/ grilling at the 'rents till I can afford a better apartment.

I hadn’t had charcoal grilled food for quite a while but last summer I did a few things without the aid of propane. Damn, that was some of the best shit I’ve ever made.

Anyone have some good recipes for grilling?

I love making grilled pineapple slices for dessert.
Just cut up some fresh pineapple and toss it on high heat
Get some good grill marks on both sides and then right before you take them off the grill, make a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar. Brush that on one side, flip them, brush the other side and give it a minute on the grill. Don’t let the sugar burn. Pop the slices off the grill and eat. So damn good.

believe me i really wanted a weber but:

a basic webber is $499
it isnt made of stainless steel (exterior)
if you want the stainless steel flavor bars $80

but at least you can get parts for a weber