Need some help buying a gas grill for outside.

Somewhere between $150 - $200, it doesn’t have to be fancy, just long lasting.

ugh… gas grills FTL

for 200 you wont get anything that long lasting, unless its covered.

but bjs and sams have some nice ones, target also, kmart, gander mtn.

Brinkmann 810-8410S (Home Depot)

$200, consumer reports best buy rated.

Personally, my next gas grill will be a Weber. I’m tired of buying 200-300 ones that fall apart in 5 years or less. A good friend just got a $600 weber and the thing is built like a tank.

Picked this one up about a month ago. Love the thing.

my dad had a pretty burly weber for a while.

i got my gas from bjs, all stainless, cast iron grates. Webers are nice, very nice, but there are alot of others out there alot cheaper and built just as good.

gtfo

Yeah, but there is something to be said for a company that really stands behind their product. A co-worker ordered one that HE fucked up putting together and somehow managed to drop the lid on the concrete, cracking it. He calls Weber up thinking he’s going to have to pay for it and they just Fedex’d him a new one. The rep actually said, “well, yeah, you dropped it but I still don’t think it should have cracked”.

I’ve heard some other really good stories about their customer service too.

And yeah, gas grills FTL. I use my gas grill during the week when I want to cook something quick as soon as I get home from work. Any time I do a good meal on the weekend it’s always with charcoal. Gas is easier and faster, but charcoal is better hands down.

More than what you are looking to spend but I just bought a Ducane Affinity 3200 from Ed Young’s true value on Main St. It ran $329.00 and is pretty friggin sweet. They also have some less expensive Weber’s there.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41eBCkhwDnL.SS400.jpg

Also, Weber now owns Ducane.

seriously… have fun waiting for your charcoal.

I just picked this up from sears for $200 (was on sale at the time) http://www.sears.com/shc/s/ProductDisplay?partNumber=07116125000P&langId=-1&storeId=10153&catalogId=12605

stainless burners, coated grates, powdercoating firebox top and side shelves, side burner… decent enough size.

Haven’t used it yet, I just put it together last night, but structurally seems solid.

seriously, I just buy the 89 dollar fiesta grill, and throw it out every 2-3 years.

Its nice to have a new grill every few years.

Save $40 bucks for a cover. That’ll make a cheap grill last a lot longer than a $40 dollar more expensive grill would last.

yea, i got a cover… hoping this will stretch it out a bit longer

Here you go. There’s the “get-it-together” deal on this page that gets you a Char Broil grill and a cover for $170.

for what its worth that char broil one is one of the worst rated grills on the market from what i read quickly…

but if its only for a few years im sure it’ll be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

ducane was bought by weber, the older ones are supposed to be better as they were made in the USA, the newer ones are basically webers and made overseas, the cheaper webers like the spirit series are made in china, the genesis and the likes are made in the us and mexico.
if money was no object, get a Viking.

Might as well get a smoker too while your there :slight_smile:

mmm i love my smoker

Yeah, it’s great to have a new grill with hot spots and uneven cooking every 2 years. :eyebrow:

Thanks for the suggestions!