"Super Sport" Veyron sets new speed record for production car

Cliffs-New Veyron goes 267.xx
-Ultimate street car for straight line performance, period, if ONLY for the fact that it’s doing these crazy feats on PUMP GAS.

EDIT-someone fix my misspelling in the title, ha. Car looks BADASS in the new color combo!

Impressive to say the least.

Not feeling the orange wheels one bit, but for a car that can put up those numbers, it can be bright pink for all it matters. :wow

GT3RS color scheme… ugliest front end ever… but my god that thing is a monster

Yeah, they gotta get over the idea of keeping the 1800’s tombstone deal. Kinda how I feel about VW badges (absolutely hideous)

Just read the article… it actually almost hit 270! The fastest I’ve gone is around 170ish (on a closed course)… I can’t imagine getting passed like I wasn’t moving.

Unreal. I wonder how long it took them to get there, or what the car would do at the TX mile.

While an amazing feat, that car is damn ugly. I wonder how much faster the car would go with the pig nose filled in.

Wow that thing is ugly as shit from the side :rofl

wow that think is almost as ugly as Travis’s bent nail!

True, but as you know, both perform VERY well.

For going that fast, the car looks to have a pretty short wheelbase and little aero. Must be a fun ride.

I’ve heard that they are pretty much the most comfortable/stable high speed ride in existence.

Pretty cool that they can engineer a car that goes that fast and is still that stable at speed. I’ll take mine in green pls

the LTA LSR in Lorning, ME is a 1.5 standing mile event. let the Veyron stretch its legs a bit more.

but in the standing Mile im sure its a 210-215 car…

I’d like to see a list of STREET CARS (working AC, pump gas, mufflers, DOT tires, etc), that would take out this Veyron 0-150-0. The cars listed below are the ones that I think would beat it-

well a run of the mill Veyron does the 1/4 in 10.2 seconds @ 144 mph, so that gives you an idea of where its at as far as 0-150

i do know of a car that does 0-200-0 in under 20 seconds, but sadly it doesnt have AC or run on 93 octane(Q16) muffler and dot street tires though. it is registered and inspected in its home state though

So this one, having 200 more hp and being 600(?) lbs lighter is an ‘easy’ low 9 second player at over 150 (probably approaching 160)…nuts.

I don’t think it’d do low nines, but easily in the high-mid 9 range.

You gotta think, once you’re getting down that low in times, it takes a lot more power than it would if the car was slower.

I’ll agree to disagree, as long as it’s got 200 more HP and weighs 600 lbs less, a second will be shaven off.

Just look at what a 100 shot did for SSSSS…oh wait…:hug

Forgot about eh weight savings, I was just thinking power wise.