swifts swap

ahhh quoting yoruself is awesome…

sounds sick…one question…that car had like 25,000 miles right? What did you do with that low mileage LS1?

Sounds pretty mean… I have a few friends w/ true-dual TRex cars and it’s just bad ass. I’ll assume the smoke from under-hood was just greasey finger prints and such burning off the headers from doing the swap? The smoke out the pipes is pretty scary though. Valve seals, rings or whatever that’s a lot of oil getting into the combustion chamber. I’d worry about detonation, especially w/ 11.1CR.

-TJ

some guy out like chicago or something bought it for a truck, pewter took it to him while takign justin to get his motor

it runs amazing, im thinking the smoke is valve seals, or a pcv issue, im gonna put ls6 breathers on it and see where it takes me, according to the one log we actually got to do, there is no knock in that motor but it stil needs a lot more log time to get the tune down

1. get the valve seals fixed(hopefully hats the problem) 2.i dont know why u would have problems with the pcv system since pewters ss car never had that issue. Im thinking there are problems esle where hopefully its the valve seals. 3. put it on the dyno 3 pulls and u should have ur car done. Or 3 passes down the strip should do it.

3 pulls to fully tune? Sorry, way off.

You can get WOT pretty close in 3 pulls if your base-line isn’t too far off. But a TRex is pretty damn radical and it’s probably going to take a LOT more than 3 pulls to get WOT dead-nuts. Part throttle, idle, cold start, quick throttle close etc. will need a lot more time than 3 pulls though.

I do agree though, I highly doubt it’s a PCV issue. LSXs are known for sucking a TON of oil through the PCV but that’s only on high rpm-deccel. That much smoke at idle and light throttle blips under no-load is not PCV related IMHO.

-TJ

well I was talking about a good tuner. Me personally I would take it to someone who specializes in LS1 style motors. Someone like that should have already done a car like that and have something to work off of.

So was I.

Out here on the west coast we have some of the best LSX tuners around. Any competent LSX tuner will tell you 3 dyno pulls is NOT ENOUGH to tune properly. If you try to tell me you can tune a TRex’ed LSX with no more than 3 pulls you are simply lying or pushing out very incomplete tunes. One of my good friends is one of the premier tuners out here and has done many TRex rigs. He can make them idle rock solid and have near stock driving manners yet put out amazing numbers (try 442RWHP in a stock LS1 longblock, yes 100% stock un-touched heads). There is no way he could do it in 3 pulls though. There’s more to tuning than just doing a few WOT pulls and dialing in the air/fuel ratio.

-TJ

pewter didnt have that lq9 block, im just hoping its something like the pcv, the car just got together it would suck real bad to have to take it apart again, it had smoking issues while in quik’s truck w/ his old cam also

yea your most likely right, but im hoping otherwise and yes there will be a ton of time that goes into tuning this car trust me

smoke from under the hood, is from him using black painted headers, thats why u see soo much smoke from under the hood

smoke from the exhaust, valve seals, or something else maybe