Taking the title of the slowest guy on Pittspeed.

Oh yeah, my car is a high 15’s car, maybe even low 16’s. Want to fight about who has the slowest car on the site? Haha.

Welcome. RWD>all the import ‘haters’ on here. Cop cars are cool and durable.

A few years ago there was a Grand Marquis at Drag Week with twin turboed V10, running low 11’s.

The Panther chassis has plenty available to make it a fast sleeper.

It’s weakness is the driveshaft. IIRC, my 3.27s and Aluminum Drive shaft is only good for 147 or something like that.

put some 3:73’s in it… look into finding a wrecked murauder?

i want some of this slow car action my ranger doesnt have any of you beat lol

I beat the shitpiss out of them on a daily basis and suprisingly, those terds actually handle pretty good. Its hard to get them to break traction even when punching it into the turns. Im actually pretty impressed with how stiff the suspension is.

What year is yours? I know the 06’s have some issues when making turns while on the brakes… it feels like theres no power steering! Its pretty scary the first time you figure that out.

Welcome

mine is an 04, so I don’t have to deal with the goddamn drive by wire. But the 06’s are considerably firmer… And yes, they can move with a surefootedness that is wild. I can keep up with cars half my size with ease.

Got into a highway run with a lambo on the D.C. beltway once, and I was hitting holes he shyed away from. When we got into the free and clear, I really hammered it–and watch him blow by at well over 160… Fun while it lasted, eh?

:cool:

I drive an 05 vic every day and it’s also my car to trailer my dirtbikes around. I get funny looks from people when a crown vic passes them on the highway with 3 dirtbikes on a trailer.

I got you beat on the slowness part though, my vic has 2.73’s. I can only chirp the tire if it’s raining or snowing, and the air conditioner is off, and the temperature is below 50, etc…

join CrownVic.net. i’ve seen 3.27s/3.55s/3.73s floating around for less than 100 bucks…

We have an 04 with 116k on it and it runs better than the 08 with 30k! Its been beat to hell and back, but still takes the abuse!

Speaking of DBW, I was driving an 07 before and punched it for a second while going up a winding hill, as soon as I let off to go around a bend, the pedal dropped to the floor! I tried stomping on the pedal and nothing happened… so I stood on the brake pedal and the fucking think down shifted and started going faster! haha Then I turned the ignition off, gathered my self and once I re-started it, it was fine. Then a few weeks later my buddy got into the same car, and threw it in reverse and the pedal went to the floor… He slammed into a telephone pole! Somehow it didnt leave a mark on the car. Then another time the same guy was turning around in a tight space and it went WOT, he ended running down a fence in someones front yard. The dealer replaced the T-body twice and it keeps doing that shit.

might be the pedal assembly.

if he is going turbo his current gears will work best

look at the timeslips. Im not that slow anymore lol. still slow, but movin up lol

clean P71

Welcome, I currently drive an explorer, a ram, and a dump truck…this thread made me realize I am most likely the slowest on pittspeed…

dude, that crown vic is a fucking rocket compaired to my s10, 4200lbs and 75 hp really bring teh suck

You two should compete for the 2009 fuckheads of 2009 Pittspeed.

Redundancy troll is redundant!

:wink:

well i think your an asshole:finger:

if you only used a half tank why did you get gas