Taking the title of the slowest guy on Pittspeed.

Good evenin’ ladies and gents. I’m Ryan from Belthzhoover, and as far as I can tell, I’m the slowest guy on Pittspeed.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6296_1133554418805_1225620082_30442694_3269505_n.jpg

And considering I’m driving a former cop car, I’d say that’s a good thing for everyone else.

Kidding aside, even with only 251 at the crank/206 at the wheels and pushing a gross weight of just over two tons, I am severely underpowered… But not for long.

I kinda found this site because of that. I got some plans coming up here–mainly suspension work, but going forced induction I’m gonna need something a bit more stout than the factory true-dual 2.25" H-Pipe.

So, I’m hoping to make this a learning experience. I got a short timetable and a long list of things I’m wanting to do. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

–SlickVic

ha i think sloshelby on here owns that title but i am sure he will share!

that vic is clean and welcome

You a wanna be that pulls over women ? or just found a decent car ?

Anyway welcome to the site.

Thanks for the compliment bgblockelcamino! But believe me, at just under a minute from 0-130, and running mid to high 15s…

ugh.

I’m looking to go with a Squires remote turbo going into a custom 2.5" X-Pipe, BBK shorty headers, magnaflows, and borla rolled and polished tips. I’m looking for about 340 RWHP at between 6-9 PSI, and trap times of 13 something.

welcome.

i have 103hp. you lose.

As far as abuse? Believe me, I ain’t gonna say it wasn’t. But, in terms of the extent of the abuse, it’s shockingly clean. The control arms, struts, and shocks were replaced about 30,000 miles ago, and steering shaft was replaced the week before I took delivery. The engine was replaced at 100k (And there’s 160 on it now, although 20 of which is mine), and the transmission serviced 10k ago. Yea, she was a marked Columbus, Ohio car, but she lived an (Realitively) easy life. Essentially, under the skin (Which with it’s nicks and dents, I actually happen to like. I think it adds character) she’s got the heart and soul of a new car. A tough one too. Drove off a wall in a dark WVU parking lot once, and recently got into a shoving match with a bus shelter. (And won). But the curb through sucker punch at me. So if anything, I’m harder on her than the cops ever were.

Oh. And no rust!

You probably have half of my weight too…

Welcome.

Looks like the new bleus mobile…cop shocks, cop tires, cop brakes, cop engine…

if you are thining of butt mount turbo you may not want to do all the exhaust work. stock stuff works very well for that application. you will want to make a y pipe and run single all the way back to turbo

welcome…and actually alot of us just have cars that …well dont run at all. I think the fastest my car has gone was about 70. On the back of a flatbed that is…

P.S. I’ve always wanted to ride in the front seat of one of those.

bgblockelcamino: I thought about that, but then decided (Perhaps erroneously) that I could benefit from mounting the turbo amidships at the center of the X and having both banks run through it and then again out the back to keep it looking as stock as possible from behind. I figured I’d get more air velocity and less lag there. Especially considering I’m running such low boost. I’d just stick the intake straight out the front of the car and get a nice little ram air effect going as well.

steelcitysix: The back seat is so much more comfortable… It’s not even fair.

you do indeed know, that the motor was not touched to make it a police interceptor correct ?

Yes and no. On the 04, the CVPI got a revised Airbox and Zip Tube(EXTREMELY similar to the one in the Mercury Marauder.) which gave it a whooping…11 extra horses. But other than that, yea, the only real difference in the CVPI and the P74/P73 is the brake, shock and spring package. The PCM has a slightly different tune in terms of shift points, a 131 MPH Speed Limiter on the 3.27 geared cars, and 129 on the 3.55 geared cars, raised idle RPM and a bigger fatter Alternator to run all the cop crap.

I, however, do weigh in a good 200 lbs lighter without the carpet, leather seats, and other luxury crap that I really wish I had…

Done your homework :slight_smile:

What kind of fuel mileage you getting ?
Aftermarket exhaust should help a bit, I wouldn’t trust a Forced induction on a car that probably sat idle 23 hours a day. Cop cars have more hours then mileage :rofl:

8 Idle hours per mile as they say… So you figure, 40*8… Even so, I’m getting about 13 city. Weirdly enough, I did a speed run from here to D.C.

Left at 4am and pulled up at my buddy’s door at just before 6:30. And that was after a gas/piss stop. Really, I was only on the road for about 2:10. Averaged a bit more than 110 the entire way, and burnt through only about half a tank.

welcome :beer:

Bad ass. One of those cars was also on my list when I was looking for cars back in February.

If you looking for forced induction why not use a terminator motor or a lightening motor?

Oh btw welcome

that is true they make a kit now that has intake that adapts the 2v motor to use the cobra supercharger.

nice… im sure there is plenty that can be done with that thing.

what gears are in it?

I got a 3.27 RAR with Limited Slip, and she’ll haul ass from a roll. Not so much from a dig.

I thought about doing a motor swap, and I still may. But, if I do, it’d be a 3V swap. The lighting swap has been done, but with the supercharger I’d need a cowl hood, and then theres the increased weight over the front. Eitherway, this is still my DD. So while I want it to be quick, I got another project on the backburner to be truly fast.

I have a '88 944S sitting in storage with a shot tranny. She runs, but not very well. So, I’m wanting to drop an LS4 in to that and make that a true track car. But she needs work, so that’s a project that’ll take atleast a year or two. Hopefully some moron will total a Impala and I can source the motor from there.