so I just bought a...

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

I have a third kid coming in September and needed something bigger than the Altima, and there is no way in hell I am going to get a minivan. So the only thing left was a crown vic. It’s a pretty nice car overall. It rides very smooth and is pretty quiet, for a ford that is. It only has 18000 miles on it and I paid 14500 for it, not a bad deal IMO.

Now everyone drives exactly the speed limit in front of me because it looks like an undercover cop car. It’s pretty funny.

lol now ur driving an oldmans car:greddy2:

x2

but I am pretty much an old man anyway so it’s fitting.

Now you need some big black sun glasses and a brimmed hat. You’ll always get to go the speed limit.

Cool I guess…it will get old with people driving slow…what color is it?

Congrats!!!

oh boy

i would pay you $50 to let me borrow it and sit on the side of a highway pointing a hair dryer out the window.

x2.

I would get so fucking sick and tired of everybody brake-checking and going stupid slow in front of me I could never drive a Crown Vic. Plus Magnum > Crown Vic for a family car.

-TJ

FTP! ! !

Busted for pulling over hot blondes

I drive slow as balls with my kids in the car anyway.

I know fords ain’t the best, but it’s 983948329x better than a dodge magnum. dodge’s fucking blow. horrible build quality, horrible gas mileage, and horrible resale value(from what I have seen). My crown vic has horrible resale value, good gas mileage, and ok build quality. so it wins. :smiley:

My grandfather has a 92 with the tow package and rear air suspension. That damn thing is so quiet you can’t hear it start sometimes. It’s the smoothest riding car I’ve ever been in.

:bigthumb:

Interceptors are a bit of fun, IDK about the regular though. Atleast you don’t have to worry about it blowing up if you get rearended since its a 05. Some police depts. were putting fire supression systems in the older ones in case of a bad accident since they are known to blow up if rear ended.

I have no idea how you arrived at those conclusions :wtf:
Lets see…Dodge magnum SE…invoice price $21082…Trade in value $14671…Which means it retained 69.5%…Dodge Magnum RT…invoice $28161, trade in $21279, which menas it retained 75.5%. Ford Crown Vic LX…invoice $25785…trade in…$14014…which means it retained 54%
ABove #'s are for 2005 MY cars.
Gas mileage…the Magnum SE is rated at 21/28…the magnum RT hemi is rated at 17/25…the Crown Vic is rated at 17/25.

Build quality can be a bit tougher to quantify. I really don’t think either one is stellar. But Consumerguide did full tests on both cars and rated them. They were pretty much the same on interior and body quality. Total score overall for the Magnym SE was 60. For the Magnum RT was 66, and for the Crown Vic was 57.

Congrats on your new ride, and your coming addition to the family.:smiley: