Out with old (M3) in with the new (Vicky)

Well I ended up getting rid of the M3 and picking up a Crown Victoria. My idea of the perfect daily driver have changed a little. They’ve transitioned from wanting a sports car, to a cheap reliable automobile that is very comfy and can carry many people. This way I have more liquid funds for toys. :slight_smile:

Car started off as a Lx that I purchased cracked up a little. Fixed her up, tinted the windows, tossed in the CB and a little sub-woofer. I’ll have a set of 3.42s coming and will probably purchase a limited slip diff to go with with it. Maybe make up my own little intake, do the J-mod, and tune it. I just want some extra hairy burn outs coming outta this piggy. Any way here are some pictures.

American Dream

Seems like its mobile home security! just park it out front and you are safe.

BUT it needs more spotlight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SPOTLIGHTS-FORD-CROWN-VICTORIA-POLICE-SPOT-LIGHT-R-L-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adaba43c4QQitemZ390216696772QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yah, I just don’t want to cut up the A pillars. It is a great car, everyone moves right out of your way.

nice house. Crown vics are super comfortable.

Nice, I’ve always wanted one of those- it was between that and a Cherokee for a DD and I needed the 4X4 where I live. Was that Eden’s unmarked car? I seem to remember one like that nailing people all the time.

It was my wife’s dad’s personal car that he used as a part time cop in Eden. Car is a weird set up, it is a Lx car with the P71 option, so it has the better air intake and cooling system but the Lx interior. Car is super nice, but really slow lol.

Damn bro. With that antenna and the tint. I bet you wouldn’t even get pulled over. lol

Looks nice!

needs the lights! it would only require a hole in each pillar!

Nice car, don’t bother modding it, just keep driving and keep the transmission fluid clean.

Thing will run forever. What year? The 2003+ would be the one to get, or the 2001+ at the very least has the PI engine…

Car is a 2006 with 63k miles. I’m thinking about adding an external tranny cooler to keep the temps down. I have an extra cooler sitting in my garage too.

“everyone moves out of your way” lol
owning a cop car would be pretty cool. going from a m3 to this is kinda weird though. glad you like it, the thing is in mint condition!

Agree with ^. I have a Vic and it’s the most comfortable DD I’ve owned. It may not be fast but I can still have plenty 'o fun in the winter :cool:

I’m not a fan, but to each his own…at least it looks clean

Did you just turn 60?

Finish the vette

The M3 was fun, but I didn’t need it. This is a much better fit to life for now.

I love this thing, it’s a cruiser that’s for sure.

Mauh, it won’t be my last car I’ll tell you that. I definitely won’t mind driving it for 1-2 years though.

Nope I’m actually 24. :slight_smile: I guess owning a corvette and a crown victoria will do that to you.

Should be done very soon. Aiming for a month or less.

I can’t tell you how many people I know trading in their M3 for a CV. It would be fun to drive around in though. lol

You should get the push bumper things…
That way when your father-in-law is in town, he will not smash the front end again.

I guess the thing is I’m really not some BMW elitist prick. I can enjoy a car with a cloth plastic interior just as much as a car with leather and alcantara. Other things make me happy besides the car I spend 30 minutes in driving to work. I’ve got some shot term goals that do not involve an expensive daily, but instead include more fun toys to enjoy when I’m not at work. Plus I really do enjoy the Crown. She rides like a boat, and cops wave to me lol.

I’d love a deer slayer. That front end accident wasn’t his fault it was mine. I let my wife out of the kitchen and this is what she does. :frowning: LoL