Talk about blowing....s/c that is...

A friend of mine is building a 383 with 9.5:1 compression, and is looking for a blower. At first it will not be inter cooled but he will get a front mount with meth eventually.

This is going to be a vortex 350 based motor.

I was thinking about possibly running two tunes, one for pump gas and one for race fuel.

This is going to be a street truck. It has a built 12 bolt with 4.10s and d/r’s behind a built turbo 400.

Companies to recommend? Any personal experience? I know this is a popular set up so suggestions are welcome! Thanks fellas.

this is what happens when you start getting disposable income.

lol. :tup:

procharger>*

Ive been thinking about this same set up for a while… well motor wise at least. Deff interested in what ppl say. Been trying to decide between turbo or sc maybe this will help me decide soemthing.

touch steep on the C/R, i’m sure it can be done, but he won’t be able to pressurize it too much without race fuel.

A lot of boosted 350 guys run C/R’s that high without a problem, your just looking at less boost, obviously intercooling, meth, and timing are going to effect how much you can run as well.

There was a fox bod mustang build years ago with an all alum. DOHC 4.6 that was 10:1 and he was running 17lbs on 93 oct. without detonation.

Magnacharger is going to work the best on a truck where low end torque is what you want. 9.5:1 is going to be a bit high with cast iron heads without intercooling or methanol. I would stick to around 9.0:1 with aluminum heads.

weiand supercharger

9.5 comp kinda high for forced induction? im not familiar with this sort of motor, and why not a roots? something to directly sit where the manifold is like on the ss sc cobalt

Harrop has the new line of tvs superchargers.(same ones as on the new zr1, They are all made by Eaton but Harrop is the dealer.) Those 4 rotor root style tvs superchargers have almost the same effeciency as turbos like 20 or 15 percent less. They also have a smoother torque curve then a centrifugal. I would go with one of those if I was supercharging a small block chevy.

edit: I’m 90 % sure on the info in this post correct me if I am wrong please.

remember a cheap roots will make more heat, and you don’t need instant torque with a 383, a turbo or centrifugal might help with traction.

I’m really looking for more of a CFM number as well as a boost psi.

I am thinking about 1200 cfm with 5-10 psi to start.

Intercooled 10-16 psi.

Race Gas Intercooled 16-25 psi.

Would anyone go above 1200 cfm?

i hope this “FRIEND” is the wife!!!

Haha naw she will get a s/c Trailblazer SS when the time is right.

Shush

:snky:

if you really wanna go fast, im not sure if you guys have heard of parish’s turbo chevy silverado…late model, he had a fully built engine with a big single turbo, made over 1000rhp (i think it was like 1017hp or so) on 93 octane…he was running 10.20s on drag radials with boost well over the 20 psi mark. I know its not really the same platform or engine but what i was getting at is if you really want to get the most out of the engine in sheer power and speed, turbo is the way to go.

Any Procharger F1 series. /thread.

No, out of the question. This is about blowers ONLY. My friend already has a low 9s nitrous car!

I think that will be too large for this application, am I wrong?

F1C & F1R would be too large, the F1A might be okay. How much power does he want it to make and what is the primary goal of the truck towing or racing around? The procharger will give more upper end power that builds. Magnuson blowers will give great low end punch that stays constant

He is looking to build a street truck that is fast. Used for some 1/4 mile trips, but mostly street fun. No towing.

Didn’t think about the F1A

Prochargers are great, but I still think for trucks you are better off with a magnuson blower instead of a cent. type supercharger